Facilities | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene’s organization is building a world class team that is focused on delivering potentially lifesaving therapies to patients. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as Manager, Environmental Health and Safety (“EH&S”). This role will be a hands-on role reporting to the Head of Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security. The Manager, EH&S will manage the day-to-day EH&S and Security responsibilities for our South San Francisco Allogene headquarter facilities in accordance with all applicable State and Federal regulations to protect the health and safety of Allogene employees, protect the environment, and minimize risk to the company. This position is based out of headquarters in South San Francisco, CA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and continuously improve EH&S and Security programs to comply with all local, state, and federal requirements.
- Develop short and long-term strategic plans to methodically reduce risk and prevent uncontrolled introduction of new risks to the site
- Lead risk assessments and job hazard analysis reviews to ensure risks are identified and mitigated before new processes, equipment, and/or materials are released.
- Chair cross functional EH&S committee and emergency response team.
- Partner with appropriate management to complete incident and near miss investigations to determine root cause and develop corrective/preventative action plans.
- Implement EH&S programs to foster a culture of safety and environmental stewardship.
- Coach, mentor, and develop EH&S staff, including onboarding, career development and retention
- Oversee vendors and manage operations, cost and budget
- Act as primary contact for all regulatory agency correspondence including inspections, requests for records, or surveys.
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering field or related field required (or relevant experience)
- 6+ years of experience in similar role in biotechnology industry
- Experience in an FDA-regulated manufacturing environment.
- Experience implementing and managing EHS&S programs at operational sites on a tactical level required.
- Ability to make sound decisions with limited or incomplete information required.
- Previous experience in biotechnology research facility with exposure to animal EHS programs strongly preferred.
- Ability to drive change through influence across all levels of an organization.
- Experience developing and delivering EHS&S trainings, KPI reviews, and EH&S program performance updates
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls on-shift, after-hours, and on weekends.
- Certifications desired: Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, or Certified Biosafety Officer
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.