IT Intern, Data & Analytics (Summer 2023)
Internships | Newark, CA | Full Time and Internship | From $25.00 to $28.00 per hour
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company with a single-minded focus on pioneering the development of investigational allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) products for cancer. Led by world-class management with significant experience in cell therapy, our fully integrated, in-house team of researchers is dedicated to discovery and translational research, development, and cell manufacturing.
At Allogene, we are developing a pipeline of off-the-shelf CAR T cell candidates, with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy faster, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
About the role:
Unique opportunity in our Data and Analytics space to utilize your science background and learn some new skills in data analytics. This position will contribute to the development and use of data lake and work in close collaboration with key stakeholders in the Research, Process Development, and Biometrics teams. Contribute to various project activities: understanding and capturing analytics requirements, solutioning, testing the solutions, documentation, communication, and training. This position is reporting to the Data Analytics team in Information Technology.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute towards identifying opportunities for consolidating, integrating, standardizing data and visualizations
- Capture and document requirements (problem statements and desired solutions)
- Analyze and build data models and visualizations
- Showcase the data analytics capabilities and help drive data culture within the R&D teams
- Explore options and present recommendations
- Testing the solutions
- Creating presentations for core team and management
- Managing project activities and timelines
- Prioritizing requirements/activities
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Major in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Immunology, Bio Engineering, Biometrics, Biochemistry, Data Science, or related field required (or relevant experience)
- Must be a sophomore or junior in a US University
- A keen interest in data analytics/data science/statistics
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We offer a chance to work with talented people in a collaborative environment. The expected rate range for this role is $25.00 - $28.00 per hour. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, geographic location, business needs, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. We also embrace differences in experience and background, and welcome diversity of opinions and thought with active recruitment and internships designed to create a stronger and better Allogene that is focused on developing life-changing products for patients.
Please be aware that the FBI recently issued a warning about an increased number of fake job postings for remote work employment that target applicants' personally identifiable information. All approved Allogene Therapeutics positions are accessible via the Allogene Careers page at www.allogene.com/careers