Human Resources Intern, Talent Development (Summer 2023)
Internships | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Internship | From $25.00 to $28.00 per hour
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company with a single-minded focus on pioneering the development of investigational allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) products for cancer. Led by world-class management with significant experience in cell therapy, our fully integrated, in-house team of researchers is dedicated to discovery and translational research, development, and cell manufacturing.
At Allogene, we are developing a pipeline of off-the-shelf CAR T cell candidates, with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy faster, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
About the role:
As an HR Intern you will have the opportunity to be exposed to the different functions within Human Resources where majority of the tasks and projects focused on Talent Development/ Talent Management practices. We are looking for individuals who are excited to learn more about existing programs and processes in place as it relates to the employee lifecycle: hiring, developing, retaining and exiting, and challenge the way we do things, bring in new insights and share your unique perspective to improve the overall experience for our employees at Allogene. The HR Intern will report to the Senior Manager, Talent Development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design visually impactful and engaging learning experiences for employees
- Onboarding - Come up with creative ideas to welcome new employees to Allogene
- Performance Management - getting slides ready for mid-year performance check-ins, compiling data, etc.
- Partner with other HR functions on various assigned projects
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Actively pursuing a degree or accredited certification in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, Organization Development or related field required (or relevant experience)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to create and edit videos for e-learning
- Growth mindset- We want individuals that are open to learning and receiving feedback
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We offer a chance to work with talented people in a collaborative environment. The expected rate range for this role is $25.00 - $28.00 per hour. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, geographic location, business needs, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. We also embrace differences in experience and background, and welcome diversity of opinions and thought with active recruitment and internships designed to create a stronger and better Allogene that is focused on developing life-changing products for patients.
Please be aware that the FBI recently issued a warning about an increased number of fake job postings for remote work employment that target applicants' personally identifiable information. All approved Allogene Therapeutics positions are accessible via the Allogene Careers page at www.allogene.com/careers