Helpdesk and Systems Engineer
IT | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics is a biotechnology company with a mission to catalyze the next revolution in cancer treatment through the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR T) therapy directed at blood cancers and solid tumors. Founded and led by former Kite Pharma executives who bring unrivaled clinical development acumen in cell therapy, Allogene is well-positioned to further the potential of allogeneic cell therapy for patients.
Allogeneic CAR T therapies are engineered from cells of healthy donors and stored for “off-the-shelf” use in patients. This approach eliminates the need to create personalized therapy from a patient’s own cells, simplifies manufacturing, and reduces the time patients must wait for CAR T treatment. The Allogene portfolio includes 17 pre-clinical T cell therapy assets and UCART19, an allogeneic CAR T therapy currently in Phase 1 development for the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Through its notable partnerships, Allogene leverages pioneering technology platforms, including TALEN® gene editing technology, to progress its portfolio of immuno-oncology therapies. Allogene, with headquarters in San Francisco, California, is a Two River portfolio company formed with one of the largest Series A financings in biotechnology from the investment consortium of TPG, Vida Ventures, BellCo Capital, the University of California Investment Office, Gilead and Pfizer. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Helpdesk and Systems Engineer. You will work with the technology team in supporting our efforts in an exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy.
This role will be a hands-on resource who provides infrastructure, application and desktop support to our team in San Francisco. The person will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, networking, hardware, or software, such as responding to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution.
- Install, administer, maintain, and support a variety of business and scientific applications and systems.
- Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of information systems that support core organizational functions and C-level staff.
- Monitor, maintain, support, and optimize all networked software and associated operating systems.
- Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues.
- Able to provide support after-hours.
- Document incidents, and problems and corresponding solutions.
- Provide updates at daily and weekly meetings.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- At least five years of experience in an IT helpdesk or desktop support function, ideally in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company.
- At least three years of systems, networking, and application experience.
- Understanding of techniques and practices in installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of network hardware, computer workstations, servers and software.
- Ability to use monitoring tools to monitor domain/network performance.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP, Netsuite, SysPro), Office 365 Productivity and Collaboration tools, SharePoint, Active Directory, Cisco UCS, WebEx, Jabber, Softphone, SQL, Database Management and SaaS Systems.
- Experience with Clinical and Manufacturing information systems (e.g., Quality Management System, Laboratory Information Management Systems, BioBooks, etc.) specific to the biotech / biopharma industry is a plus.
- Track record of providing a high level of customer service to internal customers.
- Competency in database management and project management preferred.
- Microsoft and/or Cisco certification a plus.
- Working knowledge of developing web applications compatible for multiple web browsers, both mobile and desktop based, including Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Firefox, and Google Chrome.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.