Head of Supply Chain
Operations | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics is a biotechnology company with a mission to catalyze the next revolution in cancer treatment through the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR T) therapy directed at blood cancers and solid tumors. Founded and led by former Kite Pharma executives who bring unrivaled clinical development acumen in cell therapy, Allogene is well-positioned to further the potential of allogeneic cell therapy for patients.
Allogeneic CAR T therapies are engineered from cells of healthy donors and stored for “off-the-shelf” use in patients. This approach eliminates the need to create personalized therapy from a patient’s own cells, simplifies manufacturing, and reduces the time patients must wait for CAR T treatment. The Allogene portfolio includes 16 pre-clinical T cell therapy assets and UCART19, an allogeneic CAR T therapy currently in Phase 1 development for the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Through its notable partnerships, Allogene leverages pioneering technology platforms, including TALEN® gene editing technology, to progress its portfolio of immuno-oncology therapies. Allogene, with headquarters in South San Francisco, California, is a Two River portfolio company formed with one of the largest Series A financings in biotechnology from an investment consortium which includes TPG, Vida Ventures, BellCo Capital, the University of California Office of the Chief Investment Officer, and Pfizer. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
The Head of Supply Chain will report directly to the CTO and be a member of the Operations Leadership Team. The Head of Supply Chain will build an organization which will design and manage the optimal flow from raw materials through dispositioned product to patient, with priorities of 1. Reliability, 2. Speed, 3. Cost.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build the “Plan, Source, Make, Deliver” sub-functions of Supply Chain in a way that enables Allogene’s aspiration
- Build and manage the supply chain team
- Design and oversee Allogene’s GMP third party network, and optimize for reliability, speed and cost
- Design and build physical and electronic inventory management system suitable for allogeneic cell therapy
- Build optimized ultra cold chain logistics specific for allogeneic therapy
- Create a data system that enables real time visualization of product flow, Operations information flow, and Operations cost flows to enable efficient network scenario analyses and decision making
- Strong daily engagement with Operations Leadership Team
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Masters degree or Ph.D. in life sciences or engineering required (MBA advantageous)
- At least 15 years of experience in operational roles in the biotechnology industry including experience in Supply Chain
- Skills in risk analysis, operational model creation and decision analysis a plus
- Prior launch experience desirable
- Prior experience in data system design, deployment and use a plus; real time visual supply chain experience a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within aggressive timeline
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to be part of progressive technology environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the email on the careers page for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.#LI-KN1