FP&A Manager / Sr Manager – G&A/Corp FP&A
Finance | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc: Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Job Description: Manager/Senior Manager – G&A/Corporate FP&A
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, FP&A, the Manager/Senior Manager will be the FP&A business partner to the G&A departments. This role will also assist with performing company-wide reporting and managing the FP&A planning software (Adaptive).
- Responsible for supporting and serving as the financial G&A business partner for our HR, Legal, Finance, IR, Facilities, and IT teams
- Develop, plan, and coordinate budgets and forecasts and produce robust, proactive financial variance analysis for business partners, communicating accurate assessments of financial performance to ensure continued business alignment with financial budgets
- Seek opportunities with business partners for cost reduction, efficiency gains, and contingency planning
- Assist in accounting processes related to close; work closely with G&A and Accounting to forecast and track activities for internal functions and external vendors as part of period close process
- Provide financial support on a Company-wide planning and reporting basis. Create regular financial packages and prepare presentations on financial performance and forecasted results for senior management
- Maintain consistent reporting tools to report and communicate financial metrics, including the team’s financial planning software (Adaptive). Responsible for the diligent and detail-oriented compilation of system files.
- Identify and implement process development and improvement relating to budgeting, forecasting, period close process, and financial reporting
- Lead/co-lead projects to optimize reporting and systems utilization; support enterprise-wide cross functional initiatives as needed
- Participate in other ad hoc financial analysis projects and workload sharing between Finance, Corp Dev and Accounting as appropriate
- Help to attract, recruit and train top talent into the organization
- Assist in promoting a culture of excellence and instilling best practices across Finance and Accounting
- Influence, motivate and collaborate with key business partners and stakeholders across levels
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or economics or related field required (or relevant experience);
- 4-8 years of experience in similar role in biotechnology industry
- Highly proficient in Excel (including the ability to perform pivot tables and complex functions and formulas, such as SUMIF and VLOOKUP) and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience utilizing financial systems and other business intelligence tools; SAP, Netsuite, and Adaptive Insights experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
- Attentive to accuracy and detail; able to analyze and synthesize large amounts of data for reporting and problem-solving; exceptional critical thinking skills
- Experience working effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.