Finance | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics is a biotechnology company with a mission to catalyze the next revolution in cancer treatment through the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR T) therapy directed at blood cancers and solid tumors. Founded and led by former Kite Pharma executives who bring unrivaled clinical development acumen in cell therapy, Allogene is well-positioned to further the potential of allogeneic cell therapy for patients.
Allogeneic CAR T therapies are engineered from cells of healthy donors and stored for “off-the-shelf” use in patients. This approach eliminates the need to create personalized therapy from a patient’s own cells, simplifies manufacturing, and reduces the time patients must wait for CAR T treatment. The Allogene portfolio includes 16 pre-clinical T cell therapy assets and UCART19, an allogeneic CAR T therapy currently in Phase 1 development for the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Through its notable partnerships, Allogene leverages pioneering technology platforms, including TALEN® gene editing technology, to progress its portfolio of immuno-oncology therapies. Allogene, with headquarters in San Francisco, California, is a Two River portfolio company formed with one of the largest Series A financings in biotechnology from an investment consortium which includes TPG, Vida Ventures, BellCo Capital, the University of California Office of the Chief Investment Officer, and Pfizer. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Allogene is seeking an Analyst of Financial Planning and Analysis to support the consolidation of the Company’s financials for management reporting, maintain the planning system for actuals reporting, and support forecasting/budgeting. The ideal candidate for this role is an individual who is excited to take on new challenges in a fast-paced and dynamic start-up environment. This position will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Responsible for selection and implementation of Budgeting/Forecasting system, including linking to ERP system.
- Planning System Maintenance: o Upload actual results (headcount, OPEX, capital) on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with IT administrator for any development changes/implementations
- Provide troubleshooting for FP&A team.
- Maintain/update reporting files for actuals and forecasts.
- Consolidation Support.
- Build and consolidate summary files for actuals, forecast and budget (annual and regularly updated projections).
- Assist in building management-level presentations for Allogene leadership.
- Assist in performing ad hoc analytics (NPV, headcount analyses, etc.) and rollup.
- Assist in the development, coordination and, reporting of the financial budgets for Allogene, in partnership with department heads/project leads (G&A, Commercial).
- Provide departmental financial analysis needs.
- Generate timely analytical review and analysis variances to budget and trend and ensuring financial reporting is accurate.
- Meet with internal users of financial reports to review and discuss financial results.
- Develop process improvements for financial reporting.
- Other ad hoc analysis and duties as assigned.
- BA in Finance, Accounting or related field required (or relevant experience), MBA preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in similar role preferably in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Highly proficient in Excel (including the ability to perform pivot tables, VLOOKUP and complex functions and formulas) and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing enterprise-grade, commercial ERP systems and reporting software.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may email us through our careers website at www.allogene.com for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.