Facilities Intern, EH&S (Summer 2023)
Internships | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Internship | From $25.00 to $28.00 per hour
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company with a single-minded focus on pioneering the development of investigational allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) products for cancer. Led by world-class management with significant experience in cell therapy, our fully integrated, in-house team of researchers is dedicated to discovery and translational research, development, and cell manufacturing.
At Allogene, we are developing a pipeline of off-the-shelf CAR T cell candidates, with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy faster, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
About the role:
The intern will provide support with Environmental, Health, Safety and Security programs to ensure regulatory compliance and continuously improve company performance. This position will report to the Sr. Manager, EHS.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with EHS team to develop a compliance calendar, chemical inventory, sustainability program, SDS management and other duties as assigned.
- Work to improve and document the chemical inventory process and rollout after functionality has been tested and verified
- Develop working knowledge of local, state, and federal environmental, health and safety regulations
- Support site efforts with communication and program support related to the reduction of ergonomic and other physical injuries
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing. Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major (e.g. Occupational Safety, Environmental Management, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering). Overall cumulative GPA must be at least 3.2 (on a 4.0 scale) or better
- Experience in a similar role in biotechnology industry is desired
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to research, interpret, and apply regulatory requirements from agencies such as Cal OSHA, Bay Area Air Quality Management District, Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We offer a chance to work with talented people in a collaborative environment. The expected rate range for this role is $25.00 - $28.00 per hour. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, geographic location, business needs, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. We also embrace differences in experience and background, and welcome diversity of opinions and thought with active recruitment and internships designed to create a stronger and better Allogene that is focused on developing life-changing products for patients.
Please be aware that the FBI recently issued a warning about an increased number of fake job postings for remote work employment that target applicants' personally identifiable information. All approved Allogene Therapeutics positions are accessible via the Allogene Careers page at www.allogene.com/careers