Facilities | Newark, CA | Internship
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene’s organization is building a world class team that is focused on delivering potentially lifesaving therapies to patients. We are seeking a talented and innovative student eager to join our Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) department. The Intern will gain advanced technical skills during an indefinite, long-term internship that is part-time during the school year and full-time during summer break. As an Intern, you will assist Allogene’s EHS team in developing and implementing environmental health and safety programs to meet local, state, and federal regulatory requirements. This role will be a hands-on role reporting to our Manager, Environmental, Health, Safety and Security. This position is based out of our facility in Newark, CA with some remote flexibility during the academic year.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support with Environmental, Health, Safety and Security programs to ensure regulatory compliance and continuously improve performance
- Work with EHS team to develop a compliance calendar, refrigerant management database, waste sustainability program, SDS management and other duties as assigned.
- Work to improve and document the chemical inventory process and rollout after functionality has been tested and verified
- Develop working knowledge of local, state, and federal environmental, health and safety regulations
- Support site efforts with communication and program support related to the reduction of ergonomic and other physical injuries
Requirements, Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Major or Minor in a related technical field such as Environmental Sciences, Environmental Management, Environmental Engineering, or Environmental Studies
- Must be a current Undergraduate or Graduate student and have completed at least 2 years of college academic coursework
- Must be in good academic standing
- Basic understanding of Engineering, Environmental, and/or Occupational Safety concepts through coursework and projects
- The ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment; willingness to take initiative to understand the business
- Ability to work effectively as a sole contributor and on teams with minimal supervision
- Ability to research, interpret, and apply regulatory requirements from agencies such as Cal OSHA, Bay Area Air Quality Management District, Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Employment is contingent upon completion of pre-hire requirements
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.