Director of Program Management
Clinical | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics is a biotechnology company with a mission to catalyze the next revolution in cancer treatment through the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR T) therapy directed at blood cancers and solid tumors. Founded and led by former Kite Pharma executives who bring unrivaled clinical development acumen in cell therapy, Allogene is well-positioned to further the potential of allogeneic cell therapy for patients.
Allogeneic CAR T therapies are engineered from cells of healthy donors and stored for “off-the-shelf” use in patients. This approach eliminates the need to create personalized therapy from a patient’s own cells, simplifies manufacturing, and reduces the time patients must wait for CAR T treatment. The Allogene portfolio includes 16 pre-clinical T cell therapy assets and UCART19, an allogeneic CAR T therapy currently in Phase 1 development for the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Through its notable partnerships, Allogene leverages pioneering technology platforms, including TALEN® gene editing technology, to progress its portfolio of immuno-oncology therapies. Allogene, with headquarters in San Francisco, California, is a Two River portfolio company formed with one of the largest Series A financings in biotechnology from an investment consortium which includes TPG, Vida Ventures, BellCo Capital, the University of California Office of the Chief Investment Officer, and Pfizer. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Description and Responsibilities:
Allogene is seeking a Director of Program Management to provide strategic and operational leadership of oncology drug development projects, including CARTs, ADCs, small molecules, and monoclonal antibodies from preclinical through early phase clinical development, with delivery of several candidate selections and first-in-patient milestones within target timeframe. This position will report directly to the Chief Medical Officer.
- Drive accelerated development of Allogene pathways from early development through registration, leading cross-functional evaluation of different scenarios and risks/benefits to develop team recommendation.
- Manage governance process and drive preparation by teams, with attention to clear and succinct presentation of recommended and alternative plans, and thorough evaluation of opportunities and risks.
- Communicate with senior leadership, including CSOs, to ensure alignment on strategies, budgets, and preparation of material for executive level presentations, including project prioritization.
- Support alliance management of joint development programs with partners, establishing a strong collaboration and supporting Joint Steering Committee/Joint Development Committee meetings.
- Support development of project management discipline within Allogene, including co-leadership of working group to spearhead sharing of learnings and best practices across multiple project management units.
- Liase with Finance to develop, track and report on program budgets and costs.
- Life Sciences B.S. degree and MBA, PhD, or MPH.
- 10 years+ experience in drug development and commercialization.
- Must be able to collaborate and work with other departments such as Clinical, Commercial, Finance, Research & Development, Manufacturing, and Supply/Purchasing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may email us through our careers site at www.allogene.com for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.