Director, CAR T Process Development
Process and Product Development | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are seeking a highly motivated and collaborative director to join the Process and Product Development organization. The successful candidate will manage and lead a technical team focused on developing and advancing allogeneic cell therapies into clinical and commercial products.
This individual will oversee advancement of our platform production process for allogeneic cell therapies. In addition, the successful candidate will lead the team in advancing unit operation technology development, process development, process scale up and process parameter optimization. This position will be responsible for communicating with internal and external collaborators and will work in cross-functional teams supporting pre-clinical and clinical programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leverage extensive experience in cell therapy process development to guide and further advance ALLO-CART platform
- Develop pipeline processes and facilitate early and pivotal stage enabling workstreams
- Develop and implement process improvements and efficiencies
- Lead, mentor and train team members and provide effective leadership including career development, coaching and goal setting. Plan and facilitate team activities as well as fostering an inclusive and high performing team
- Manage and participate in cross-functional, internal and external teams for technical troubleshooting.
- Develop thorough understanding of manufacturing process to support successful launch of late-stage products.
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships with internal and external clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements & Experience:
- PHD in biological sciences, or related discipline, with 10+ years of experience and proven record of cell therapy and/or biologics process development
- MS or BS in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Molecular & Cell Biology, Immunology or the related field with 15+ years of relevant experience in biotherapeutics development
- Extensive knowledge of cell therapy process technologies
- Ability to build, manage and mentor a high performing team of scientists.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently as a leader.
- Proven ability to successfully manage teams and work in a matrixed environment.
- Excellent personal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.