Director, Alliance Management
Corporate and Business Development | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a world-class management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Reporting directly to the VP, Corporate Development, this leader will be primarily responsible for strategic alliance management, but as part of a small team you will be asked to jump in to assist with strategy as well as more traditional business development activities.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Executes in implementation of new scientific and strategic partnerships, licensing, joint ventures and alliances
- Identifies, evaluates and pursues the strategic and financial prospects of new opportunities
- Follows-up on all partnership activity including the tracking, documentation and status reporting of all collaborations along the business development pipeline
- Manages the alliance related activities of research and development collaborations and pre-clinical and clinical programs between Allogene and external collaborators
- Ensures effective communication is occurring as needed between internal parties and external parties as it related to the collaboration
- Interacts with existing corporate contacts, facilitates communication, keeps tracks of milestones and identifies scope for enhancing these relationships
- Supports top management by providing analysis for evaluating new business opportunities such as in/out licensing, collaborative research and development agreements, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or related field required MBA (or equivalent experience required), advanced degree preferred and/or an MBA with at least 10 years of business development experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical environment
- Substantial prior experience in managing complex collaborations/alliances with corporate partners in settings from academia to multinational biopharma is required
- A thorough understanding of the processes of due diligence, asset valuation, alliance integration and portfolio management combined with a scientific and business acumen is also desirable
- Must demonstrate maturity and seasoned judgment in reaching critical decisions
- Excellent people management skills and ability to align people and resources towards organizational success
- A wide degree of creativity and strategic thinking is expected
- Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions in a changing environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Excellent project management skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within aggressive timelines with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.