Associate Scientist, Analytical Development (Contractor)
Process and Product Development | South San Francisco, CA | Contract
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist to join our Analytical Development group and contribute to the commercialization of allogenic CAR T therapies. (S)he will play a key role in CAR T cell therapy related analytical assay development and execution of drug product release and stability assay.
The individual will work closely with peers in assay development, assay qualification, execution of the release and characterization assays, comprehensive risk assessments, and data synthesis that allows for the subsequent analytical assay tech transfer. This role will be based at the headquarters in South San Francisco, CA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in analytical method optimization, development, and qualification in support of drug product characterization and product release.
- Primarily execute analytical test methods involving cell-based and/or immunoassays and molecular biology techniques.
- Document standard operating procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
- Coherently summarize and communicate experiments and findings.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to meet deadline-dependent milestones and advance the development of Allogene’s CAR T programs.
- Maintain, calibrate, and operate analytical instruments.
- Maintain sample inventories.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Masters, or bachelors with 2+ years of relevant cell biology, immunology or biochemistry experience.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with cell culture, cell banking, and aseptic technique is required.
- Prior working knowledge of nucleic acid isolation, quantification, and PCR is preferred.
- Prior working knowledge in ELISA, FACS a plus.
- Experience with data analysis tools such as Prism, FlowJo and Microsoft Excel a plus.
- Working knowledge of quality control and assay qualification is a plus.
- Self-motivated, organized and detail-orientated, with a positive “can-do” attitude towards assigned tasks is expected.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.