Associate Corporate Counsel - Business Affairs
Legal | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Position: Associate Corporate Counsel – Business Affairs
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Reporting directly to Corporate Counsel, the Associate Corporate Counsel will provide senior management with effective advice on company strategies and their implementation, help manage the legal function, and obtain and oversee the work of outside counsel. The Associate Corporate Counsel will be directly involved in complex business transactions and negotiating critical contracts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide legal advice, consultation, and policy analysis and interpretations of various areas of law and policy
- Provide counsel and recommendations, with a focus on responsiveness to clients, providing practical advice on complex legal issues
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of agreements, policies, communications, governance documents, and templates.
- Agreement review may include employment contracts, master service agreements, materials transfer agreements, clinical trial agreements, license agreements, real estate leases, confidentiality agreements, and other general business contracts
- Provide competent and timely provision of day-to-day legal services in support of Allogene’s business operations, including: advising on privacy, data protection and transfer, and related regulatory matters (e.g., data protection regulations such as CCPA, GDPR, etc.) affecting Allogene’s clinical operations and business transactions.
- This includes regulatory and general legal compliance advice and guidance to a variety of Allogene functions, such as research and development, clinical operations, finance, purchasing, etc.
- Advise on corporate finance and securities law matters, including preparing SEC filings such as 10Ks, 10Qs, 8Ks, Forms 3, 4 and 5, Proxy Statements
- Support the Company’s finance team on a variety of matters including risk management, accounting, and equity administration
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across the Company by collaborating with cross-functional teams, including finance, research and development, operations technology, clinical, human resources, and solutions
- Review press releases, advertising and marketing materials to ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Work in close cooperation with business partners to coordinate and streamline efforts across partnerships
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- J.D. degree and admission before the CA State bar
- Counsel with at least 5 years of experience legal experience in house, preferably in a biotech or pharmaceutical industry, in combination with experience at a reputable AmLaw firm preferred
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity with excellent judgment and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong client service focus, the ability to work independently and in teams, to work efficiently, to prioritize workflow, and to meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.