Administrative Assistant, Manufacturing
Manufacturing | Newark, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a world-class management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as an Administrative Assistant to support our new manufacturing site to further our efforts in an exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. This role will provide administrative support to the site leadership team, including the Plant Manager, Quality Site Head, and other senior leadership, and will also support front-desk reception and office manager responsibilities. You will manage a wide range of support functions in a fast paced, growing environment. You will be a crucial member of the team and like everyone on the team you may be asked to jump in to assist in areas outside of your primary responsibilities. You will be flexible, proactive, and resourceful with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is critical to this role. This position is based out of Newark, CA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage calendars and coordinate travel and logistics for the Plant Manager and other site leadership.
- Manage site-wide communications (emails, all hands meetings, internal social media posts)
- Manage calendars for site-wide and department meetings, reserve / manage conference rooms (including video conference setup) and update daily schedules
- Greet and welcome all visitors and guests in our reception area
- Responsible for processing and completing expense reports
- Answer calls and assists in managing emails
- Provide general administrative support, including providing copies, maintaining files and updating shared files on the server
- Works with HR to coordinate interviews, greet candidates, and coordinate onboarding of new staff and contractors.
- Assist with planning company and department events
- Order and maintain stock of office supplies, orders business cards, and runs office errands, as needed.
- Coordinates with Facilities department on maintenance and servicing of office equipment and reception and administrative areas.
- May support other administrative assistant roles at Allogene as a backup or to provide additional support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- At least 7 years experience in an office or administrative role with at least 2 years in a manufacturing or scientific organization (preferably in a biotechnology setting)
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- Strong understanding (advanced skills) of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, videoconferencing, and travel and expense reporting tools.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills including partnering with all functions at all levels of the organization. Verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality and discretion
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.