Accounting Manager (Contract) (Remote)
Finance | South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Allogene Therapeutics is a biotechnology company with a mission to catalyze the next revolution in cancer treatment through the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR T) therapy directed at blood cancers and solid tumors. Founded and led by former Kite Pharma executives who bring unrivaled clinical development acumen in cell therapy, Allogene is well-positioned to further the potential of allogeneic cell therapy for patients.
Allogeneic CAR T therapies are engineered from cells of healthy donors and stored for “off-the-shelf” use in patients. This approach eliminates the need to create personalized therapy from a patient’s own cells, simplifies manufacturing, and reduces the time patients must wait for CAR T treatment. The Allogene portfolio includes 17 pre-clinical T cell therapy assets and UCART19, an allogeneic CAR T therapy currently in Phase 1 development for the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Through its notable partnerships, Allogene leverages pioneering technology platforms, including TALEN® gene editing technology, to progress its portfolio of immuno-oncology therapies. Allogene, with headquarters in South San Francisco, California, is a Two River portfolio company formed with one of the largest Series A financings in biotechnology from the investment consortium of TPG, Vida Ventures, BellCo Capital, the University of California Office of the Chief Investment Officer, Gilead and Pfizer. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Position: Accounting Manager
Location: Remote or South San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6-12 months with potential to go longer
Allogene is seeking a Accounting Manager (contractor) to assist with the financial close process and other accounting operations, in accordance with GAAP, SEC requirements and operational best practices. The ideal candidate will have relevant biotechnology or pharmaceutical experience, and extensive experience working with ERP’s, bolt-on applications, and other office productivity applications. This position reports directly to the Senior Manager, Accounting Operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in monthly/quarterly/annual financial close, including preparing and reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations as part of the close process in accordance with US GAAP, and company policies and internal control standards in a timely fashion
- Pursues resolution of business issues impacting the financial statements in a proactive, independent manner.
- Assist with identification and development of process / procedure enhancement to ensure completeness, timeliness and accuracy in financial reporting
- Prepare supporting documentation for financial statement footnotes
- Support internal and external auditor requests
- Participate in project teams impacting system of record for clinical, manufacturing, quality, and supply chain organizations
- Ad hoc projects and financial analyses to support key business decisions and projects
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 7+ years of progressive accounting experience; biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry experience and CPA preferred
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with understanding of US GAAP, and experience operating within SOX control environment
- Proficiency in Excel and an aptitude for learning & managing ERP data structures and reporting capabilities
- Experience with SAP ERP preferred
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within dynamic timelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.