Internal Application: Youth Care Worker
Youth Care Worker | Nicholasville, KY | Part Time | Opened 29 days ago
Youth Care Worker
All God's Children in Nicholasville, KY is looking for help working with our teen mothers and children.
If you are interested in building relationships with teenage moms by helping them navigate parenting, school work, and other independent living skills we would love for you to become part of our team.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 21 years of age
- A passion for helping our young moms navigate life and motherhood!
- Being a parent is NOT required!!
- Provide adequate supervision for the safety, guidance and daily care of residents.
- Supervise the mothers with their children.
- Maintain the structure of the household routine and schedules.
- Help residents achieve goals for parenting, behavior and independent living.
- Model nurturing parenting - training will be provided.
- Behavior Management Training provided. We do not train in or do "holds".
- Flexible schedule! (shift times are not changeable)
- Build relationships with some amazing young ladies.
- On call stipend.
- Pick up shifts as needed.
- On 3rd shift, in the 2-3 hour downtime when residents are typically asleep there is time to do homework or work on personal tasks. However, you must stay on campus and be available for residents needs.
- Retirement IRA matching
Must be able to work at least 1 weekend shift.
- 1st shifts are 8:00 am to 3:30 pm (only need weekend 1st shifts)
- 2nd shifts are 3:30/4:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- 3rd shifts are 10:00 pm/10:30 pm - 8:00 am.
- Starting: $9.40/hr as an Assistant Youth Care Worker
- Starting: $10.20/hr as a Primary Youth Care Worker
- Starting: $9.75/hr as an Overnight Youth Care Worker
All God's Children (AGC)** is a nationally accredited, private, not-for-profit corporation that has been nurturing the spirit and building character of children families since 1999 through our different programs:
1) Residential Treatment-- This facility in Nicholasville provides comprehensive care, treatment and education to pregnant and/or parenting teens and their children;
2) Therapeutic Foster Care-- Certifies and supports foster homes throughout Central Kentucky as well as managing the placement of foster children into homes while providing training, therapy and case management services;
3) Independent Living-- Provides housing and support services to young women and their children who are preparing to transition to adulthood;
4) STARS-Rated Childcare Center--- Provides holistic care for children, ages birth-school aged, in an Accredited and trauma-informed center located in south Jessamine County;
5) Community Mental Health--- Works with community partners to provide evidence-based therapeutic services to children, adolescents and adults both in the school-setting and office-setting to ensure best practice and quality service provision to each client.