Daycare | Nicholasville, KY | Part Time
All God's Children (AGC)** is a nationally accredited, private, not-for-profit corporation that has been nurturing the spirit and building the character of children since 1999 through four different programs; 1) residential facility in Nicholasville that provides comprehensive care, treatment and education to emotionally and behaviorally troubled, pregnant and/or parenting teens and their children; 2) a foster care program with homes throughout Central Kentucky that care for abused and neglected children of all ages: 3) an independent living apartment complex in Nicholasville as young women and their children transition from the residential program; and 4) a day care facility that cares for the children of the three programs listed above.
AGC is looking for a part-time infant room teacher during the hours of 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Approx 20 to 30 hours a week.
Pay Rate: $9.40/hr
- Prefer CDA credential, CCP credential, a relevant Associate’s Degree in early childhood education/child development or possess a bachelor’s degree and/or related experience.
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Must work well with children and have the energy and flexibility to meet the changing needs of children.
- Pass a criminal records check preformed by the agency.
- Infant and child CPR/First Aid ( may be provided by AGC upon employment )
- Orientation I & II must be obtained within the first 90 days of employment (may be provided by AGC through childcare council upon employment)
- Must meet AGC’s and state or local requirements of 30 hours of training in relevant child-related topics within the first year, after the first year the state requires 15 hours of continuation of professional development and training and AGC may require additional training due to the Childcare’s affiliation with the Residential and Independent Living Programs. 1 ½ hours of Pediatric Head Trauma must be taken within the first year of employment (if not already obtained) and once every 5 yrs after that. CPR/First Aid training are in addition to the 15 hour requirement.
- Be able to obtain a copy of a negative TB Skin Test or a statement from a health professional that the individual is free of active tuberculosis.
- Must be free of physical conditions or behaviors that may hinder your ability to care for children, as determined by a physical examination by a medical provider.
- Infant teachers must have direct experience or training in the care of infants and/or very young children and their needs for consistency, warmth, and appropriate stimulation; and possess the personal warmth, alertness, and attentiveness that is required to nurture infants/ and demonstrate that they enjoy caring for infants.
- Make sure to consider the whole child when developing lesson plan (cognitive, creativity, spiritual, social-emotional, physical )
- Teach the 3 basic rules of AGC’s daycare: Take care of each other, Take care of yourself, and Take care of this place
- Child care Personnel act as role models for children and cultivate positive self-concept by:
- frequent expressive and verbal interaction of an affectionate manner;
- treating all children equally regardless of race, religion, culture, gender, disability, or ethnicity and elevating individual worth;
- setting clear limits for appropriate and safe behavior, and related consequences for inappropriate behavior; and
- treat the child’s family with respect.
- Child care personnel promotes social development through:
- supporting children in developing friendships and other forms of positive group interaction;
- helping children to appropriately express emotions and resolve conflicts, particularly when disputes arise;
- involving the child when personnel communicate with family, wherever possible; and
- use of common activities such as dressing, eating, and toileting to foster development of social skills.