Sr. Full Stack Engineer- Python
Engineering & Operations | Austin, TX | Full Time
Alert Media is looking for a Senior-Level Engineer with full-stack experience. This role is an opportunity to use a wide variety of design and technical web skills to help us manage day-to-day requests as well as leverage your experience and expertise to mentor junior developers as the team grows. Strong creative and technical abilities are vital for success in this role, with the ideal candidate being an independent problem solver and critical thinker. You must have a passion for innovative software development and willingness to roll up your sleeves to collaborate with all teams.
Who we are:
We've already disrupted the mass notification industry and become the technology leader, serving some of the worlds largest and most respected companies such as Kellogg's, DHL, Volkswagen, The Salvation Army, HEB and many more as valued customers.
AlertMedia is changing mass notification into useful communication. The company’s highly scalable, cloud-based platform and flexible API allows organizations to seamlessly send and receive notifications from anywhere, at any time, using any device and any communication channel. Customers in telecom, healthcare, transportation, energy, manufacturing, government and education are using the AlertMedia platform for emergency communication, regular business communication, and operational activities such as scheduling, dispatching and other logistics. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share some of the truly impactful use cases we've uncovered for our customers.
What you will do:
- Become an expert in the AlertMedia platform and tools, and its uses for our customers
- Design and develop a highly scalable infrastructure that handles millions of users
- Work in an Agile based environment using tools like Git, JIRA, Jenkins, and Slack
- Contribute to the technology lead that Alert Media has over other solutions through innovative development and by helping contribute new ideas related to leveraging technology in our product line
- Use strong verbal and written communication skills in collaboration with other engineering and product teams
- Contribute to AlertMedia’s culture, values and vision for the future
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- 5+ years of experience building scalable applications with modern frameworks, such as AngularJS, Django, and Node.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (We will not sponsor at this time)
- Experience with Amazon AWS
- Postgres & Redis development experience a plus
- Willingness to pair up with junior developers to mentor and share your experience
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage working on multiple projects in parallel
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary + company-wide program
- Stock options- Be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits- Medical and Dental 100% paid for employees
- Company-wide bonus program based on collective success
- An exciting and positive work environment
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.