Sr. Desktop Support Specialist
Engineering & Operations | Austin, TX | Full Time
As AlertMedia's Sr. Desktop Support Specialist you will be responsible for being a positive resource for our team in supporting hardware, systems administration, servers, security, asset management and network infrastructure. This is an all-encompassing role and a fantastic opportunity for someone to start with desktop support and grow into owning the scaling of our IT infrastructure over time.
Who we are:
We've already disrupted the mass notification industry and become the technology leader, serving some of the worlds largest and most respected companies such as Kellogg's, DHL, Volkswagen, The Salvation Army, HEB and many more as valued customers.
AlertMedia is changing mass notification into useful communication. The company’s highly scalable, cloud-based platform and flexible API allows organizations to seamlessly send and receive notifications from anywhere, at any time, using any device and any communication channel. Customers in telecom, healthcare, transportation, energy, manufacturing, government and education are using the AlertMedia platform for emergency communication, regular business communication, and operational activities such as scheduling, dispatching and other logistics. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share some of the truly impactful use cases we've uncovered for our customers.
What you will do:
- Be a positive, approachable, proactive "go-to" desktop support resource and help desk owner
- Support our LAN, WAN and VOIP infrastructure
- Work with CTO to build out long-term IT support strategy through constant evaluation of infrastructure and recommendations of improvement to keep pace with growth
- Utilize RMM tools for hardware and software inventory, patch management and MDM.
- Ensure security, uptime, and optimal performance of network, servers and applications
- Manage servers, network applications, user accounts, and network resources
- Timely and accurate on-boarding and off-boarding of employees
- Implement and maintain a helpdesk ticketing system for internal user support with a friendly, approachable demeanor
- Deploy systems to employees to meet department and position specifications as well as manage and track assets.
- B.A. or B.S. degree preferred
- 2+ years of desktop support/help desk/IT experience
- Proactively gets things done- a doer who is self-motivated
- Experience building IT processes from scratch
- Demonstrated ability to lead IT projects to completion with balanced scope, time, and budget
- Excellent knowledge of Office 365 and Windows Server technologies
- LAN, WAN and VOIP experience and expertise
- Experience managing the maintenance of servers and network
- Excellent knowledge of PC, Mac and Linux operating systems - you've supported environments with a mix
- Approachable with a passion for solving problems for your internal customers
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to easily adapt to a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary + company bonus program
- Stock options - Be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits- Medical and Dental 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment