Engineering & Operations | Austin, TX | Full Time
The QA Engineer will to join our core development team as we create the next generation of AlertMedia products and services. This role is critical to our success and includes developing, implementing, and documenting all testing activities, including test planning, test documentation, test execution, defect tracking and reporting, and release management.
Who we are:
We've already disrupted the mass notification industry and become the technology leader, serving some of the world's largest and most respected companies such as Kellogg's, DHL, Volkswagen, The Salvation Army, HEB and many more as valued customers.
AlertMedia is changing mass notification into useful communication. The company’s highly scalable, cloud-based platform and flexible API allows organizations to seamlessly send and receive notifications from anywhere, at any time, using any device and any communication channel. Customers in telecom, healthcare, transportation, energy, manufacturing, government and education are using the AlertMedia platform for emergency communication, regular business communication, and operational activities such as scheduling, dispatching and other logistics. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share some of the truly impactful use cases we've uncovered for our customers.
What you will do:
- Become an expert in the AlertMedia platform and tools, and its uses for our customers
- Perform manual testing for business and functional requirements on web/mobile platforms to find issues before release
- Help automate tests that run frequently against a live system to catch regressions early on
- Perform QA tasks on all the software and hardware configurations that go out to production
- Document software defects using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
- Monitor bug resolution and track successes
- Perform exploratory and load testing to ensure product robustness
- Work closely with talented engineering & customer success teams to help troubleshoot as well as determine tests with the best coverage for use cases and customer trouble spots
- Contribute to AlertMedia’s culture, values and vision for the future
- B.A. or B.S. degree desired
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a QA / Testing role
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (We will not sponsor at this time)
- Experience with automation tools and frameworks, preferably Selenium
- Mobile automation with Xcode or Android Studio experience a plus
- Tons of energy, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Outstanding communication skills
What we offer:
- Base salary + (bonus, commission- depends on role) program
- Stock options- Be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits- Medical and Dental 100% paid for employees
- Company-wide bonus program based on collective success
- An exciting and positive work environment
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.