Manager, Monitoring Center Operations
Monitoring | Austin, TX | Full Time
As a Manager, Monitoring Center Operations at AlertMedia, you will lead a team of Monitoring Center Representatives to provide world-class, timely and effective support to our valued customers in emergency and critical situations.
This is a full-time position with typical working hours of Monday through Friday 3pm-11pm but flexibility is a MUST.
Who we are:
AlertMedia has disrupted the mass notification industry and become its technology leader, now serving some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. Our emergency communication software and monitoring services enable organizations keep their people safe, informed and connected. Customers in telecom, healthcare, transportation, energy, manufacturing, government and education are using the AlertMedia platform for emergency communication, regular business communication, and operational activities such as scheduling, dispatching and other logistics.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share some of the truly impactful use cases we've uncovered for our customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Lead a team of Monitoring Center representatives in a call-center environment
- Provide problem-solving assistance and mentoring to team members ensuring world-class customer support, minimal disruption of service and providing leadership and direction during emergency situations
- Own customer escalations while quickly and effectively implementing best practices while making time sensitive decisions
- Receive and responds to emergency and non-emergency calls from our customers as well as law enforcement agencies and other emergency personnel
- Assist in the on-boarding and implementation of monitoring services for new customers as needed
- Utilize your instinct to stay calm and keep a professional demeanor in order to follow and implement proper procedures in critical situations
- At least 2+ years in a managerial or supervisory position, managing team members, schedules, training and development
- This is a full-time position with typical working of Monday through Friday 3pm-11pm but flexibility is a MUST
- The Monitoring Center operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week- as a leader on the team, this person will be required to respond and at times work outside of normal working hours, weekends and on holidays as needed
- Experience working in a call-center environment: 911 dispatch, safety/security or monitoring with experience communicating with people in critical situations as well as law enforcement
- Knowledge of best practices related to emergency communications technologies and experience dealing effectively with complex communications situations
- Experience with technologies such as text to 911, computer aided dispatch, networking, enterprise software and voice over IP, mapping, phone systems and other tools used in an emergency call center
- A proven history of being an effective, responsive and service-oriented leader who continuously monitors and engages in process improvement with full knowledge of best practices, rules and regulations
- Maintains appropriate security and confidentiality of information
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (We will not sponsor at this time)
- Basic Telecommunicator Certificate
- Crisis Communications Certificate
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide bonus program
- Stock options- Be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits- Medical,Dental,Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Company-wide bonus program based on collective success
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.