Customer Advocacy Manager
Marketing | Austin, TX | Full Time
As a creative and outgoing Customer Advocacy Manager at AlertMedia, you will use prior customer-facing marketing experience and expertise to take our customer engagement and advocacy programs to the next level. You'll be willing to roll up your sleeves as part of our small-but-mighty marketing team and be willing to take on tasks both big and small.
As one of the most exciting start-up companies in Austin, we’re focused on finding the best talent and building the best team to continue accelerating our rapid growth.
Who we are:
AlertMedia has disrupted the mass notification industry and become its technology leader, now serving some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. Our emergency communication software and monitoring services enable organizations keep their people safe, informed and connected. Customers in telecom, healthcare, transportation, energy, manufacturing, government and education are using the AlertMedia platform for emergency communication, regular business communication, and operational activities such as scheduling, dispatching and other logistics.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share some of the truly impactful use cases we've uncovered for our customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Build a strong network of customer brand advocates and ambassadors
- Connect with customers digitally and in person to ensure continued education and success throughout the customer lifecycle
- Identify key customers that can act as a marketing channel through case studies, videos, speaking opportunities, referrals, etc.
- Work with PR manager to provide direction and guidance on how we can leverage customer stories in our PR plans
- Lead and manage customer engagement and communication programs, such as in-person/virtual events, workshops, awards programs, onboarding and ongoing nurture campaigns
- Build marketing programs to help the customer success team increase renewals, referrals, and create cross-sell and upsell opportunities
- Demonstrate the impact of your customer advocacy initiatives – to sales, customer success, marketing and the business
- Develop a customer lifecycle campaign program and work with customer success and marketing operations to implement
- Manage and maintain engagement and advocacy programs; work with the customer success team to continually recruit new customer advocates
- Manage a library of up-to-date customer success stories
- Compose and send customer education and engagement communications
- Create special marketing content in support of customer success initiatives
- Provide product feedback given by advocates to stakeholders and to the business overall
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on communications, marketing, and business
- 3+ years Previous Customer Marketing, Customer Success, or Account Management experience - MUST have had marketing ownership duties in these roles
- Experience working with PR/Media initiatives a huge plus
- Technical knowledge and experience with the latest digital marketing tools and channels, including marketing automation platforms such as HubSpot.
- Experience creating and executing marketing campaigns and programs that drive customer engagement and advocacy
- Familiarity with B2B marketing, lead generation, and sales processes
- Ability to write engaging, effective and grammatically correct copy is a necessity
- A strong passion for serving and understanding customers
- Interpersonal skills to nurture customer relationships and work with cross-functional teams
- Incredibly creative marketing and communication skills
- Analytical skills to determine marketing effectiveness and ROI of customer engagement efforts
- Strategic thinker that can see beyond the day-to-day grind to help reach marketing and sales goals, create a stronger brand, and improve the customer experience
- Roll-up-your-sleeves approach with a willingness to take on "non role specific" marketing duties as needed to support the team and business
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (We will not sponsor at this time)
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Stock options- Be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits- Medical,Dental,Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.