Content Marketing Manager
Marketing | Austin, TX | Full Time
As a creative and outgoing Content Marketing Manager at AlertMedia, you will help oversee and execute our content strategy across a variety of channels. You'll be willing to roll up your sleeves as part of our small-but-mighty marketing team and take on tasks both big and small.
As one of the most exciting start-up companies in Austin, we’re focused on finding the best talent and building the best team to continue accelerating our rapid growth.
Writing sample required upon application submission for this role.
Who we are:
AlertMedia has disrupted the mass notification industry and become its technology leader, now serving some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. Our emergency communication software and monitoring services enable organizations to keep their people safe, informed, and connected. Customers in telecom, healthcare, transportation, energy, manufacturing, government, and education are using the AlertMedia platform for emergency communication, regular business communication, and operational activities such as scheduling, dispatching, and other logistics.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Create/write thoughtful, evergreen content to support marketing efforts including web copy, blog posts, white papers, sales and customer success collateral, press releases, internal reference documents, articles for industry publications, presentation decks, and more
- Compile research from a variety of sources in order to write accurate, engaging, and relevant content
- Work with marketing, sales, customer success and product to define and implement a content strategy that maps to the entire customer lifecycle
- Build a strong network of customer brand advocates in order to identify key customers that can act as a marketing channel through case studies, videos, speaking opportunities, referrals, etc.
- Work with PR manager to provide direction and guidance on how we can best execute upon PR initiatives
- Lead and manage customer engagement and communication programs, such as onboarding and ongoing nurture campaigns
- Build marketing programs to help the sales and customer success team increase new business, renewals, referrals, and create cross-sell and upsell opportunities
- Develop a customer lifecycle campaign program and work with customer success and marketing operations to implement
- Provide product feedback given by advocates to stakeholders and to the business overall
- Develop sales tools and collateral to increase conversion rates
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on communications, marketing, and business preferred
- 2+ years Content Marketing, Product Marketing and/or Customer Advocacy Marketing
- Must have experience writing your own thoughtful and creative content with the ability to provide work samples up front across a variety of projects
- Experience and comfort personally engaging with customers and subject matter experts
- Technical knowledge and experience with the latest digital marketing tools and channels, including marketing automation platforms such as HubSpot preferred
- Experience in creating and executing marketing campaigns and programs that drive customer engagement and advocacy
- Familiarity with B2B marketing, lead generation, and sales processes
- A strong passion for serving and understanding customers
- Analytical skills to determine marketing effectiveness and ROI of content efforts
- Strategic thinker that can see beyond the day-to-day grind to help reach marketing and sales goals, create a stronger brand, and improve the customer experience
- Roll-up-your-sleeves approach with a willingness to take on "non-role-specific" marketing duties as needed to support the team and business
- Experience working with PR/Media initiatives a huge plus
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (We will not sponsor at this time)
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Stock options- Be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.