Senior Director - South Asia
South Asia | Washington, DC | Full Time
The South Asia Senior Director will serves as lead on numerous and varied client engagements. The Senior Director will leverage the capabilities of ASG leaders, utilizing their own expertise and networks to manage and support client engagements and practice business development activities. The Senior Director will have an intimate understanding of the clients’ business and operating context. They are substantive, credible, and reliable resources for multiple clients. They take initiative and increasingly are expected to operate independently and will mentor and backstop teammates, as needed.
- Manages ASG client team members to produce agreed upon products. Sets clear expectations for deliverables to teammates.
- Supports less-experienced team members' professional development and works to identify additional development opportunities.
- Supports practice lead and senior staff to cultivate and integrate members of the ASG network, and engages them effectively in client service and business development.
Client Service and Expertise:
- Expected to significantly participate in client management, impact, and retention. Lead multiple client teams, as assigned, effectively managing the day to day operations of the client engagement.
- Ensures that all firm resources are coordinated and brought to bear as needed, reporting concerns to senior staff.
- Able to maximize and efficiently apply ASG resources on a client engagement, with a goal of enhancing client profitability.
- Has developed a regional expertise, focused on South Asia, that enables the leading and shaping of specific activities in the practice and firm.
- Works with practice lead to help generate leads.
- Identifies and coordinates efforts to build new business for the team.
- Monitors current client activity for potential expansion opportunities.
- Works with Business Development to help create business opportunity plans utilizing Salesforce.
- Contributes creative business building ideas for the full firm that are actionable.
- Fosters broad ASG networks through interaction with associations, think tanks and policy shops.
- Customer Service: Focuses on impeccable client service and value creation. Works to become a trusted partner to colleagues and clients, continuously focused on developing substantive expertise to meet client interests and needs.
- Oral/Written Communications: Can effectively draft all or portions of written client product with clear direction. Can coordinate various work inputs and weave into an end product that will exceed the client’s expectation as to ASG’s impact on the client and value delivered. Is an effective ASG point person with a client. Communicates well with other members of the ASG team. Effective communicator with the ASG network and/or local offices, with strong emphasis placed on the ability to speak and write in a local language.
- Personal Characteristics: Entrepreneurial and focused on value creation. Energetic, forward-thinking, “can-do” and creative individual with the highest ethical standards and an appropriate professional presentation.
- Teamwork: Interacts effectively with colleagues at all levels and across firm. Manages ASG team members to work together to produce agreed upon deliverables. Works to create a positive work environment.
- Firm Contribution: Contributes to the development, administration and culture of the firm. Takes a leadership role in institution building.
- Minimum of seven to ten years of prior professional experience, preferably including the business consulting field.
- MA in in political science, international relations or business, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Experience living or working in the South Asia region, or significant experience working on or studying the South Asia region.
Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is the premier strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm. We offer perspectives honed at the highest levels of government and business, and insights informed by an unparalleled worldwide network. Our global team shares a commitment to excellence in client service, integrity and discretion. We translate your goals into terms governments understand, and develop solutions that benefit our clients and the public interest. Led by former Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright and former Commerce Secretary and Kellogg CEO Carlos Gutierrez, our team of experienced and talented professionals has the expertise, networks, and sound judgment to help address challenges in any country. We work as an integral part of our client organizations to help develop and implement winning strategies.