Senior Director - MENA - Dubai, UAE Office
Middle East | Dubai, United Arab Emirates | Full Time
Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is the premier strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm. We offer perspectives honed at the highest levels of government and business, and insights informed by an unparalleled worldwide network. Our global team shares a commitment to excellence in client service, integrity and discretion. We translate your goals into terms governments understand and develop solutions that benefit our clients and the public interest. Led by former Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright and former Commerce Secretary and Kellogg CEO Carlos Gutierrez, our team of experienced and talented professionals has the expertise, networks, and sound judgment to help address challenges in any country. We work as an integral part of our client organizations to help develop and implement winning strategies.
This role will serve as the senior-most engagement manager in ASG’s office in the United Arab Emirates. The Senior Director will manage client relationships, provide excellent client service, help lead business development in the UAE and throughout the Middle East, and will support ASG’s continued growth and presence in the region. This position will be based in either Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
• In coordination with ASG’s GCC Regional Manager, helps lead the growth of ASG’s presence in the Gulf through the continued development and management of our Dubai office.
• Manages ASG client team members to produce agreed-upon client products. Sets clear expectations for deliverables to teammates.
• Supports the growth and professional development of current and future ASG Middle East staff and works to identify additional development opportunities.
• Works with practice leads and senior staff to cultivate and integrate Senior Advisors, Counselors, and other members of the ASG network, and engages them effectively in client service and business development. Manages costs for ASG and for clients.
Client Service and Expertise
• Significantly participates in client development, management, service delivery, and retention. Seeks possible opportunities for client expansion. Leads multiple client engagements, as assigned, effectively managing the day-to-day operations in support of each client.
• Continues to develop regional expertise and knowledge of the geopolitical landscape, commercial priorities, and evolving business trends in the Gulf, especially the UAE, to enable the firm to better serve clients.
• Gathers information in response to client questions, often involving policy or regulatory developments across industries.
• Depending on client needs, identifies key stakeholders and determines how best to engage them. Provides context and advice on how these stakeholders might respond. Arranges and attends meetings, as appropriate. Drafts talking points and assists with follow-up.
• Builds and maintains a network of contacts in industry, government, and civil society in the UAE.
• Ensures that all firm resources are coordinated and brought to bear as needed to deliver exceptional client service.
• Supports client-focused and/or business development trips to the region.
• Works with practice leads from across ASG to help generate leads and develop new client relationships.
• Identifies and coordinates efforts to build new business for ASG, especially among potential clients based in the UAE.
• Monitors current client activity for potential expansion opportunities.
• Develops creative, actionable business-building ideas for the full firm.
• Develops and broadens ASG networks and enhances ASG’s brand through interaction with associations, think tanks, and policy shops.
• Customer Service: Focuses on impeccable client service and value delivery. Works to become a trusted partner to colleagues and clients. Focuses continuously on developing substantive expertise to meet client interests and needs.
• Oral/Written Communications: Effectively drafts written products for clients. Coordinates various work inputs and weaves them into a final product that will exceed clients’ expectations. Is an effective ASG point person with a client. Communicates well with other members of the ASG team, as well as the ASG network and/or local offices, with a strong emphasis placed on the ability to communicate effectively in English and Arabic.
• Personal Characteristics: Entrepreneurial and focused on value creation. Energetic, forward-thinking, “can-do” and creative individual with strict adherence to the highest ethical standards. Highly polished and appropriate for professional presentations.
• Teamwork: Interacts effectively with colleagues at all levels and across the firm. Manages ASG team members to work together to produce agreed upon deliverables. Works to create a positive and inclusive work environment.
• Firm Contribution: Contributes to the development, administration and culture of the firm. Takes a leadership role in institution building.
• 7+ years of experience in business consulting, international affairs, law, government relations, advocacy, or other relevant professional services
• Current or previous experience living and working in the UAE
• Advanced degree in political science, international relations, business, or related field (or equivalent experience)
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Speaking, reading and writing fluency in English
• Experience working with government officials in the Middle East
• Professional proficiency in Arabic
Applicants MUST include a cover letter along with their resume. Please include both documents in one PDF attachment.