Madeleine Albright Inc. Internship (Spring)
Internship | Washington, DC | Internship
ANNOUNCEMENT: Seeking Full-Time Interns for 2019 Spring Semester
POSITION: MA Inc. Internship
Albright Stonebridge Group
LOCATION: Washington, DC
TERM: 2019 Spring Semester
Please include a cover letter and resume to apply.
Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is the leading commercial diplomacy and strategic advisory firm chaired by former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright and former Secretary of Commerce Carlos Gutierrez. ASG helps clients navigate the intersection of business, the public sector, and civil society in over 100 countries on six continents. The firm is headquartered in Washington, D.C., with more than 100 seasoned professionals around the world. ASG works with business leaders and their companies, associations, foundations, and non-profits to assess and manage risk, realize opportunities, position themselves for success, and solve commercial, political, and regulatory challenges.
Secretary Albright’s office is responsible for her correspondence, scheduling, and coordination of events. It also oversees book projects and the organization of papers and memorabilia.
Secretary Albright’s office is currently seeking an intern to assist for the spring of 2019. The successful candidate will have an interest in communications, event coordination, and global affairs. Her office is seeking an individual with a combination of the following:
- experience in communicating directly with high-level professionals or public officials;
- detail oriented with excellent organization and time management skills;
- effective and strong writing abilities;
- willingness to perform administrative tasks;
- ability to simultaneously manage different projects efficiently.
Interns are asked to collaborate in many ways as the firm’s needs grow and change. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Administration: Greet guests and set up conference rooms, route and track correspondence; miscellaneous errands such as passport drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Correspondence: Assists with much of the incoming and outgoing correspondence including fan mail as well as event invitation requests.
- Memorabilia: Assist with the organization of Secretary Albright’s papers, memorabilia, and photographs.
- Briefing & Event Preparation: Prepare Secretary Albright for trips, events, meetings, and interviews by preparing substantive briefing materials. This includes research, as well as the writing of memos and event scenarios.
- Office Organization: Pitch in with administrative tasks as they arise, including organizing documents and files; procurement and/or organizing of office supplies
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to prioritize work and shift priorities on short notice.
- Experience and ability to work independently.
TIMELINE OF INTERNSHIP:
Secretary Albright’s office is seeking an intern to start in early January 2019, concluding in mid-May of 2019.
The intern will be provided with a stipend.