Operations | Washington, DC | Full Time
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist position will be responsible for performing various HR duties within a variety of HR functions, including talent management, policy implementation, HR operations and administration, recruiting, employee relations, supporting payroll, and the administration of employee benefit plans. The HR Generalist will work closely with the Director of Human Resources and the head of Operations to provide support for the development, coordination, and implementation of HR programs and initiatives at ASG.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and supports recruitment efforts for various positions, including our intern and summer associate programs. This includes the coordination of interviews, processing background and reference checks, candidate follow-up, and application/resume review.
- Manages onboarding and offboarding process.
- Supports the management of the ASG Advisory Network.
- Supports the administration of the ASG performance management system.
- Coordination of performance evaluation process and appropriate timeframes.
- Administration of all employee benefits, including new hire enrollment, termination, COBRA management, claims resolution, annual Open Enrollment, status change reporting, reviewing invoices, communicating benefits information to employees, administration of FSA accounts, and managing benefit systems, and FMLA leave and ADA issues as assigned.
- Maintains human resource information system (HRIS) and employee personnel files.
- Helps to maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Supports the development and coordination of professional development programs at ASG.
- Coordinates and supports the administration of various corporate insurance plans.
- Supports semi-monthly payroll processing and performs payroll reconciliations.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures; assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook.
- Provides support for our growing international operations.
- Update and maintain all relevant HR databases.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Customer Service: Focuses on impeccable client service and value creation. Works to become a trusted partner to colleagues and clients, continuously focused on developing the substantive expertise to meet client interests and needs.
- Oral/Written Communications: Can effectively draft all or portions of written client product with clear direction. Can support the Senior Director or client lead to coordinate various work inputs and weave into an end product that will exceed the client's expectation as to ASG’s impact on the client and value delivered. Communicates well with other members of the ASG team. Effective communicator with the ASG network and/or local offices.
- Personal Characteristics: Entrepreneurial and focused on value creation. Energetic, forward-thinking, “can-do” and creative individual with the highest ethical standards and an appropriate professional presentation.
- Teamwork: Interacts effectively with colleagues at all levels and across the firm. Manages ASG team members to work together to produce agreed upon deliverables. Works to create a positive work environment.
- Firm Contribution: Contributes to the development, administration and culture of the firm. Takes a leadership role in institution building.
- Five to seven years of HR experience in a generalist capacity, or other relevant professional experience
- BA in Human Resources, Business Administration, Communications, Finance or directly related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Experience maintaining benefits programs, including health plans, FSA plans, 401k, STD, LTD, etc.
- Strong understanding of local and federal employment laws and experience researching and administering/managing international employment laws in a variety of countries.
Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is the premier strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm. We offer perspectives honed at the highest levels of government and business, and insights informed by an unparalleled worldwide network. Our global team shares a commitment to excellence in client service, integrity and discretion. We translate your goals into terms governments understand and develop solutions that benefit our clients and the public interest. Led by former Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright and former Commerce Secretary and Kellogg CEO Carlos Gutierrez, our team of experienced and talented professionals has the expertise, networks, and sound judgment to help address challenges in any country. We work as an integral part of our client organizations to help develop and implement winning strategies.