Help Desk Associate
Operations | Washington, DC | Full Time
The Help Desk Associate will provide technical support to Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) staff and Network members in all locations. As the first point of contact, the “go to” person, for technical support, the Help Desk Associate will work to quickly and efficiently to analyze and problem solve technical issues. They will be responsible for troubleshooting a wide variety of issues and supporting a complex and security focused environment. The Associate will work to develop an ongoing, communicative, and proactive partnership with staff that goes beyond resolving technical issues.
- Provide superb technical system and user support by responding to calls, emails, and staff member requests.
- Establish, maintain, and improve internal client satisfaction through professional, courteous, and helpful service.
- Document, track, and monitor problems and follow-up with users to ensure timely resolution.
- Help ensure staff member productivity and offer guidance to solve common IT problems.
- Ability to use remote control troubleshooting tools to assist users with issues from any work location.
- Resolve technical problems, detect patterns of issues, and coordinate with staff members regarding persistent problems.
- Assist the Tech Team with troubleshooting difficult or time-sensitive problems.
- Coordinate and redirect problems, to other members of the Tech Team, that require additional expertise.
- Monitor ASG’s Help Desk System and, as necessary, coordinate further action to help resolve IT related issues.
- Maintain your IT knowledge and expertise by learning new and evolving technologies and by achieving appropriate industry and professional certifications.
- Contribute to the Firm’s overall vision and direction by helping improve technical practices, as well as providing assistance with choosing key technologies and identifying important issues to address as ASG continues grow.
- Customer Service: Works to become a trusted partner to colleagues, continuously focused on developing substantive expertise to meet the team’s needs.
- Oral/Written Communications: Can effectively produce portions of written products with clear direction. Communicates well with other members of the ASG team. Effective communicator with the ASG network and/or local offices, with strong emphasis placed on the ability to speak and write in a local language.
- Personal Characteristics: Entrepreneurial and focused on value creation. Energetic, forward-thinking, “can-do” and creative individual with the highest ethical standards and an appropriate professional presentation.
- Teamwork: Interacts effectively with colleagues at all levels and across firm. Manages ASG team members to work together to produce agreed upon deliverables. Works to create a positive work environment.
- Firm Contribution: Contributes to the development, administration and culture of the firm. Takes a leadership role in institution building.
- Minimum of two to four years of relevant prior work experience.
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related field.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience in a Cybersecurity focused environment a plus.
- Proven customer service and problem solving skills, providing technical support services for:
- Office365 (Email, Sharepoint, Skype for Business)
- MS Office 2013 / 2016
- Workstation / Laptop hardware
- Mobile Devices
- Video /Audio conferencing systems and applications