Europe | Washington, DC | Full Time
The Europe practice EA will provide administrative support to the ASG Vice Chair and Practice Lead, other senior leaders, and undertake other duties as assigned. Possesses strong organizational skills and the ability to accomplish and prioritize multiple tasks. The EA will support the executive by quickly and effectively adjusting to shifting internal and external priorities, and by representing executive with clients, ASG colleagues, the ASG Advisory Network, and other stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
Client Service and Expertise:
- Supports the ASG Vice Chair and Europe Practice Lead as needed. May not have a significant client interface role but relates effectively with client representatives and staff members.
- Works to manage the executive’s time, with priority placed on business development and client-related activities.
- Is able to support communications with the clients, colleagues, and the ASG Network - ideally in local languages when working with a regional practice.
- Displays excellent attention to detail and supports the practice and executive with client deliverables when needed.
Firm Administration and Processes:
- Manages the flow of information to and from the executive.
- Keeps vigilant regarding firm operations, promoting increased efficiencies, including the adoption of technology (e.g., ASGnet) when appropriate.
- Manages, coordinates, and ensures that the executive’s schedules are followed and respected. Acts as the executive’s “gatekeeper” to ensure time is maximized.
- Coordinates and plans executive’s appointments and travel.
- Supports the executive during travel to ensure schedules and appointments are maintained.
- Monitors, screens, responds to and distributes incoming communications via phone or email.
- Records, transcribes and distributes minutes of meetings.
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents. Files and retrieves documents and reference materials.
- Arranges and coordinates meetings and events; receives and interacts with incoming visitors.
- Liaises and works well with internal staff, client and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Ensures confidentiality of sensitive information, handles confidential/sensitive information with discretion.
ASG Core Competencies
- Customer Service: Works to become a trusted partner to colleagues, continuously focused on developing the substantive expertise to meet the team’s needs.
- Oral/Written Communications: Can effectively produce portions of written products with clear direction. Communicates well with other members of the ASG team. Effective communicator with the ASG network and/or local offices, with a strong emphasis placed on the ability to speak and write in a local language.
- Personal Characteristics: Entrepreneurial and focused on value creation. Energetic, forward-thinking, “can-do” and creative individual with the highest ethical standards and an appropriate professional presentation.
- Teamwork: Interacts effectively with colleagues at all levels and across the firm. Manages ASG team members to work together to produce agreed upon deliverables. Works to create a positive work environment.
- Firm Contribution: Contributes to the development, administration and culture of the firm. Takes a leadership role in institution building.
- Minimum of three to five years of relevant prior work experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office and expense reimbursement systems.