Director - South Asia
South Asia Practice | Washington, DC | Full Time
Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is the premier global strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm. With a commitment to excellence, integrity, and discretion, we help our clients navigate challenges and capture opportunities in markets around the world. ASG goes beyond opening doors, working alongside our clients to develop and implement tailored strategies. The global ASG network includes over 230 regional and sectoral experts and has a record of success in over 120 countries.
The South Asia Director will be a member of several client teams and generally function as the engagement manager for one or more client engagements. They ensure that their client teams are organized to effectively serve those clients. Directors capably take the lead in communications with client POCs and other external stakeholders. Directors strive to leverage the expertise and networks of senior staff to meet clients’ needs. With guidance from senior colleagues, Directors drive and/or monitor the production and quality of ASG deliverables (e.g., South Asia specific country reports, stakeholder maps, market analyses, proposals). Directors backstop Associates and Analysts when needed.
- Assists in managing ASG team members within client teams to produce agreed upon products. Provides clear expectations and timelines to teammates working on the ASG deliverables.
- Supports less experienced team members' professional development and works to identify additional development opportunities.
- Supports the practice with managing many aspects of the client relationships, both internally and externally.
Client Service and Expertise
- Serves as a member of (and may lead, as assigned) several client teams, focused on overall strategy, driver day to day internal coordination.
- Acts as the driving force on client related tasks and deliverables, both within their own practice and across practices and relay back to ASG any client concerns.
- Coordinates with external stakeholders to generate client deliverables.
- Ensures that all firm resources are coordinated and brought to bear as needed, and in a timely manner.
- Begins to identify ways to enhance client profitability.
- Focus is placed on the continued development of geopolitical, regional, and/or sectorial/industry expertise in South Asia. One or more areas of expertise in the region enables the leading and shaping of work on behalf of clients or the firm
- Works as a part of the team to identify and engage potential clients and monitors current client activity for potential expansion opportunities.
- Utilizes Sales Force to begin to cultivate leads and business development opportunities for the team.
- Continues to develop personal network of relationships to cultivate potential clients and creatively build new business, and to foster broad ASG networks through interaction with associations, think tanks and policy shops.
- Minimum of five to eight years of relevant professional experience
- Experience working in or on the South Asia region. Familiarity with one or more specific industries in the region, including technology, financial services, energy, and healthcare is strongly preferred.
- BA in political science, international relations or business, or related field, or equivalent experience, with MA in related field preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong writing, editing, research, and analytical skills, as well as ability to think critically about research scope and content.
Applicants MUST include a cover letter along with their resume. Please include both documents in one (1) PDF attachment.