Associate - Latin America
Latin America | Washington, DC | Full Time
This is the firm’s entry-level position for the Latin America practice. The Latin America Associate will support the practice lead and other senior staff with scheduling, team operations, editing and archiving client deliverables, and other duties that support the team’s client service and internal functioning. This job exposes the Associate to the details of ASG business and the Latin America practice client work, allowing them to begin/continue to develop geopolitical, regional, and sector/industry expertise.
Client Service and Expertise:
- Supports the practice lead and other senior staff as needed. Interfaces with clients in a support role, as requested.
- Manages administrative functions and tasks of the practice; arranging executives' schedules, appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements.
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications, presentations, and other documents. Also, records, transcribes and distributes meeting minutes, as needed.
- Support communications with clients and members of the ASG Advisory network.
- Periodically evaluates team operations, promoting increased efficiencies, including the adoption of technology (e.g., ASGnet) wherever possible.
- Interfaces well with other team members as well as members of other ASG practices with similar responsibilities.
- Works to continue to develop geopolitical, regional, functional or sector/industry backgrounds into recognized expertise by engaging other members of their practices and participating in client engagements as needed.
- Begins to learn ASG best practices in research and product delivery, including the use of ASG proprietary knowledge and diverse sources of public information, with an ability to analyze – and work with senior staff to make judgments about – competing versions of events or asymmetrical understanding of crucial factors.
- Encouraged to help identify ways to approach business development or enhance client profitability.
- Act as the “keeper” of team’s business development pipeline in Salesforce.
- Add, update, and maintain new or existing accounts and opportunities for your team.
- Add, update, and maintain contacts for your team; create distribution/mailing lists.
- Track events and convening’s your team has hosted or attended through Salesforce campaigns.
- Customer Service: Works to become a trusted partner to colleagues, continuously focused on developing substantive expertise to meet the team’s needs.
- Oral/Written Communications: Can effectively produce portions of written products with clear direction. Communicates well with other members of the ASG team. Effective communicator with the ASG network and/or local offices, with strong emphasis placed on the ability to speak and write in a local language.
- Personal Characteristics: Entrepreneurial and focused on value creation. Energetic, forward-thinking, “can-do” and creative individual with the highest ethical standards and an appropriate professional presentation.
- Teamwork: Interacts effectively with colleagues at all levels and across firm. Manages ASG team members to work together to produce agreed upon deliverables. Works to create a positive work environment.
- Firm Contribution: Contributes to the development, administration and culture of the firm. Takes a leadership role in institution building.
- Zero to three years of relevant professional experience
- BA in political science, international relations or business, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Working knowledge or fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese is required.
- Experience living or working in the region, or significant experience working on or studying the region.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize tasks across multiple work-streams.
Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is the premier strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm. We offer perspectives honed at the highest levels of government and business, and insights informed by an unparalleled worldwide network. Our global team shares a commitment to excellence in client service, integrity and discretion. We translate your goals into terms governments understand, and develop solutions that benefit our clients and the public interest. Led by former Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright and former Commerce Secretary and Kellogg CEO Carlos Gutierrez, our team of experienced and talented professionals has the expertise, networks, and sound judgment to help address challenges in any country. We work as an integral part of our client organizations to help develop and implement winning strategies.