Internal Application: Associate - Business Development, Communications, and Marketing
Business Development | Washington, DC | Full Time
This is the firm’s entry-level position for the Business Development, Communications, and Marketing (BDCM) practice. The BDCM Associate supports BDCM initiatives and contributes to the development and implementation of relevant policies and strategic priorities. The Associate provides administrative support to the BDCM team, preparing internal and external documents, updating and maintaining applicable databases, and other duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works as an integral member of Albright Stonebridge Group’s BDCM team, collaborating closely with the firm's regional practices, and managing research and writing assignments on a broad range of client prospects.
- Manages administrative functions and tasks of the practice; arranging schedules and providing organizational support for internal/external business development efforts and meetings.
- Prepares and edits detailed research memos, presentations, and other documents. Participates in meetings and transcribes/distributes meeting minutes, as appropriate.
- Learns ASG best practices in research and product delivery, including the use of ASG proprietary knowledge and diverse sources of public information, working closely with senior staff.
- Supports the BDCM team’s work with regional practices to help ASG colleagues identify and drive business development opportunities.
- Supports regional/sectoral practices in tracking and maintaining business development priorities through the firm’s Salesforce CRM database.
- Manages and updates relevant accounts, contacts, and opportunities in Salesforce, working closely with regional team colleagues.
- Tracks and strategizes on internal and external event opportunities for the BDCM team.
ASG Core Competencies
- Customer Service: Works to become a trusted partner to colleagues, continuously focused on developing substantive expertise to meet the team’s needs.
- Oral/Written Communications: Can effectively produce portions of written products with clear direction. Communicates well with other members of the ASG team, and external partners, as appropriate. Effective communicator with the ASG network and/or local offices.
- Personal Characteristics: Entrepreneurial and focused on value creation. Energetic, forward-thinking, “can-do” and creative individual with the highest ethical standards and an appropriate professional presentation. Proactive and able to lead creative assignments.
- Teamwork: Interacts effectively with colleagues at all levels and across the firm. Supports the ASG team members to work together to produce agreed upon deliverables. Works to create a positive work environment.
- Firm Contribution: Contributes to the development, administration and culture of the firm. Takes a leadership role in institution building.
- Minimum of zero to three years of relevant professional experience.
- BA in Communications, Marketing, Finance, Business Administration, or other related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office. Familiarty with Salesforce is preferred.
Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is the premier strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm. We offer perspectives honed at the highest levels of government and business, and insights informed by an unparalleled worldwide network. Our global team shares a commitment to excellence in client service, integrity and discretion. We translate your goals into terms governments understand and develop solutions that benefit our clients and the public interest. Led by former Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright and former Commerce Secretary and Kellogg CEO Carlos Gutierrez, our team of experienced and talented professionals has the expertise, networks, and sound judgment to help address challenges in any country. We work as an integral part of our client organizations to help develop and implement winning strategies.