Analyst - The Americas
The Americas | Washington, DC | Full Time
Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is the premier global strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm. With a commitment to excellence, integrity, and discretion, we help our clients navigate challenges and capture opportunities in markets around the world. ASG goes beyond opening doors, working alongside our clients to develop and implement tailored strategies. The global ASG network includes over 230 regional and sectoral experts and has a record of success in over 120 countries.
The Americas Analyst will support the ASG Americas Practice by conducting research needed for business development, internal briefings, trips, and client service. The Analyst will work on several client assignments in Spanish-speaking Latin America, with a large focus on Mexico. We are seeking an exceptional writer, who will specialize in developing drafts of written products (e.g., country reports, stakeholder maps, market analyses). Analysts at ASG also help drive product innovation. They backstop Directors with client communications according to ability and the team’s needs. They support Associates and others working on administrative matters as necessary.
Client Service and Expertise
- Actively participates as part of ASG client teams and increases direct interactions with clients.
- Typically delivers first drafts of country reports, briefing memos, client presentations, stakeholder maps.
- Masters ASG best practices in research and product delivery, including the use of ASG proprietary and diverse sources of public information, with an ability to evaluate competing versions of events or asymmetrical understanding of crucial factors.
- Expected to play an important role, in the team’s knowledge management, including helping to identify and archive resources and examples of superior ASG deliverables.
- Is able to do research and support investigations with local input, in Spanish.
- Focused on cultivating and enhancing regional expertise in Latin America and a sector/industry expertise (e.g. HLS, finance, energy) applicable to the team’s client engagement.
- Assists with the coordination of business opportunities within the regional/functional practices.
- Works as part of the team to utilize Salesforce as part of the practices overall BD efforts. Not expected to lead revenue generation efforts, but encouraged to increase business development focus and help identify business opportunities.
- Work with the BD team in implementing Salesforce usage across the firm, further refining and optimizing the way we use Salesforce.
- Seeks to develop personal network of relationships to cultivate potential clients and creatively build new business, and to foster broad ASG networks through interaction with associations, think tanks and policy shops.
- Minimum of three to seven years of relevant prior work experience
- BA in political science, international relations or business, or related field, or equivalent experience, with MA in related field a plus
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills, as well as ability to think critically about research scope and content
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Speaking, reading and writing fluency in Spanish and English is required. Proficiency in Portuguese is a plus.
Applicants MUST include a cover letter and a writing sample along with their resume. Please include ALL documents in one PDF attachment (cover letter, resume, writing sample).