Analyst - East Asia and Pacific
East Asia and Pacific | Washington, DC | Full Time
Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is the premier global strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm. With a commitment to excellence, integrity, and discretion, we help our clients navigate challenges and capture opportunities in markets around the world. ASG goes beyond opening doors, working alongside our clients to develop and implement tailored strategies. The global ASG network includes over 230 regional and sectoral experts and has a record of success in over 120 countries.
The East Asia and Pacific (EAP) Analyst will support the practice by conducting research needed for business development, internal briefings, senior executive and client travel, and client service. The EAP Analyst will develop drafts of written products (e.g., country reports, stakeholder maps, market analyses) as well as draft formal client correspondence, talking points and other forms of written communication. The EAP Analyst will also help drive product innovation. They support Associates and others working on administrative matters as necessary.
- Assists in managing ASG interns and others to work together to produce agreed upon products. Models excellence in the productions of ASG deliverables. Helps to train interns and full-time staff during on-boarding.
- Actively participates as part of ASG client teams and increases direct interactions with clients.
- Typically delivers first drafts of country reports, briefing memos, client presentations, stakeholder maps.
- Master ASG best practices in research and product delivery, including the use of ASG proprietary and diverse sources of public information, with an ability to evaluate competing versions of events or asymmetrical understanding of crucial factors.
- Play an important role, in the team’s knowledge management, including helping to identify and archive resources and examples of superior ASG deliverables.
- Is able to do research and support investigations with local input, in local languages.
- Focus on cultivating and enhancing geopolitical, regional, or sector/industry expertise applicable to the EAP's client engagements.
- Assist with the coordination of business opportunities within the regional/functional practices.
- Work as part of the team to utilize Salesforce as part of the practices overall Business Development efforts.
- Increase business development focus and help practice identify business opportunities.
- Seek to develop a personal network of relationships to cultivate potential clients and creatively build new business, and to foster broad ASG networks through interaction with associations, think tanks and policy shops.
- Minimum of three to seven years of relevant prior work experience
- BA in political science, international relations or business, or related field, or equivalent experience, with MA in related field a plus
- Preference for business and trade policy experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Speaking, reading and writing fluency in a language used by the East Asia practice is highly preferred, in particular Japanese, Indonesian, Vietnamese, and Thai
Applicants MUST include a cover letter and a writing sample along with their resume. Please include ALL documents in one PDF attachment (cover letter, resume, writing sample).