2019 Summer Intern - Health & Life Sciences
Internship | Washington, DC | Internship
Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is the premier global strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm. With a commitment to excellence, integrity, and discretion, we help our clients navigate challenges and capture opportunities in markets around the world. ASG goes beyond opening doors, working alongside our clients to develop and implement tailored strategies. The global ASG network includes over 230 regional and sectoral experts and has a record of success in over 120 countries. www.albrightstonebridge.com
ASG is seeking interns for the summer 2019 semester with knowledge of Health and Life Sciences.
Exceptional writing and presentation development skills are essential. Strong editing and analytical skills, as well as ability to think critically about research scope and content are also required. In addition, the candidate should have:
- a bachelor’s degree, and working toward a graduate degree, in a related field (international affairs, public health, international business, MBA, etc.);
- strong experience in research and writing concise briefs;
- ability to develop presentations and talking points for senior executives;
- some understanding of health systems within and outside of the United States;
- the ability to research in a second language helpful, but not required;
- experience working with public health organizations and/or the corporate affairs functions of healthcare companies is also helpful, but not required.
Interns are asked to collaborate in many ways as the firm’s needs grow and change. This includes, but is not limited to:
- in-depth research and analysis on key topics and industries related to the work of our clients and prospective clients in a variety of regions around the world, including emerging markets;
- drafting and preparation of both internal and external briefing memos and materials for senior staff and clients;
- mining of daily news sources and academic research materials for issues of relevance in both the U.S. and foreign markets;
- supporting marketing and business development efforts;
- assisting with administrative tasks as they arise, including, but not limited to, editing of documents, answering phones; and,
- performing other ah-hoc duties as assigned.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to prioritize work and shift priorities on short notice.
- Experience and ability to work independently.
- Potential need to travel to Boston during the internship as appropriate (expected travel no greater than 10%).
TIMELINE OF INTERNSHIP:
ASG is seeking interns to start May 29, 2019 and work through August 9, 2019.
- The HLS intern may be asked to travel to Boston, MA a few times throughout the semester with other members of the HLS team.
- The intern will be provided with a stipend.
Applicants MUST include a cover letter and a writing sample along with their resume. Please include ALL documents in one PDF attachment (cover letter, resume, writing sample).