2017 Fall Intern - Africa
Internship | Washington, DC | Internship
Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is a global business strategy and commercial diplomacy firm with a commitment to excellence, integrity, and discretion. We work with our clients to assess markets, manage risk, and realize new opportunities. We have a proven track record of helping solve commercial, political, and regulatory challenges in countries around the world.
ASG offers perspectives honed at the highest levels of government, business, and the social sector, and insights informed by an unparalleled 180+ member worldwide team that has advised clients in more than 110 countries. ASG goes beyond opening doors, working alongside our clients to develop and implement tailored strategies.
ASG is seeking an intern to support our Africa practice for the fall 2017 semester.
Tasks will vary for individual intern positions, but all interns are asked to contribute in a number of ways. This includes, but is not limited to the following tasks:
- In-depth research and analysis on key people, companies, institutions, and issues of interest to the firm.
- Drafting briefing memos, talking points, background materials, and press releases.
- Assisting with administrative tasks as they arise, including, but not limited to: editing of documents; answering phones; staffing reception desk.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Interns will have the opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of activities that should expose them to the foreign and domestic policy decision-making processes and the interplay between governments, NGOs, businesses, and civil society.
- Undergraduate level interns will be, at a minimum, a rising junior or senior.
- Graduate level interns are currently pursuing a graduate-level degree or have recently completed a graduate-level program.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to prioritize work and shift priorities on short notice.
- Experience and ability to work independently.
TIMELINE OF INTERNSHIP:
ASG is seeking an intern to start as soon as possible and continue through December 15, 2017.
ASG will accept applications on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
The intern will be provided with a stipend.