Software Engineering | San Leandro, CA | Full Time
A pioneer in the drone interception industry, Airspace™ is seeking a passionate Network Engineer that will help shape the technology that will power our flying robots.
About the company:
Airspace Systems, Inc. uses artificial intelligence (AI) and advanced robotics to create fully automated, always-on solutions that deliver the three mandatory requirements of airspace security: long-range detection, instant identification, and safe capture and removal of unauthorized or malicious drones. Airspace solutions protect people, property, and IP for businesses, law enforcement, and the military. All Airspace solutions are mobile, modular, and simple to operate. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, Airspace is funded by early investors in Nest, Palantir, and Skype.
At Airspace, we’re creating cutting-edge tech so autonomous flying machines can live and work among us. We leverage AI, machine vision and deep learning to realize the full potential of drones by using neural networks to power autonomy. Our fusing of advanced radar, radio frequency detectors, cameras and airborne sensors into advanced flight systems enable our currently-deployed end-to-end drone security solutions.
Do you want to join a company that codes in the morning and flies in the afternoon? Come work alongside veterans from the tech titans, such as Google, Apple and Autodesk, in our turnkey facility that houses everything from coding to manufacturing and is minutes away from our large, outdoor drone flight testing facility.
What are some of the day to day responsibilities?
- Handle daily tier and two one support from end users and generate bugs/tickets.
- Organize daily support bugs/tickets and finish them on time.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, software updates and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, network, vpn and disk partitions as required.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, sensors and camera systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Perform daily routine checking on remote sensors, servers and services.
- Take on call role to provide support to end users.
Successful candidate criteria:
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must reside in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Be willing to travel.
- Able to provide solutions unsupervised.
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows and Linux environment which includes setup and maintenance.
- Practical knowledge of TCP/IP, VPN, RDP, and other network protocols.
- Familiar with business level router configuration.
- Good skills with network analyzer and sniffers like Wireshark.
- Advanced experience to configure, monitoring and maintaining AWS systems.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills in fixing computer hardware and software issues.
- Remote monitoring tool experience like Remote Desktop, SSH, teamviewer.
- Willingness to learn and help others.
- Some knowledge on PHP programming languages and web systems is a plus.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related areas is preferred; an ABET certified degree from a 4 year university.
Nice to have:
- AWS, Azure, Cisco Certifications
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Git and Docker
- Knowledge of good security practices
Working Environment: You will be working from our San Leandro office daily. You will have access to a fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches and can participate as a team member in Company events and outings. The Company will assign you a computer workstation and tools as needed and necessary to complete the job, which are Company owned.
Why work at Airspace?
Working at Airspace Systems means working with a team of makers, mechanical and software engineers, designers and entrepreneurs that live for completing ambitious projects. Get inspired to build, design and dream up new solutions in our state-of-the-art workspace.
We have all the perks you would expect from a great start up: an amazing industry (robotics and drones...need we say more?), incredible office space, a smart multidisciplinary team, a flexible workplace, plenty of food in the kitchen, and a pure mission that binds us all together.
Obviously: medical, dental, vision, vacation, health and wellness, and stock options are part of the package. We play hard and work hard together.
Thank you for your time and consideration. If you are not interested or available and know of someone that may be, please feel free to pass along this opportunity.