Field Operations Project Manager
Field Operations | San Leandro, CA | Full Time
Airspace is a rapidly growing technology start-up that develops cutting edge counter unmanned aerial system (cUAS) solutions for a range of clients including corporate entities, law enforcement agencies, and the military. The organization leverages rapidly evolving capabilities in autonomous flight to protect people and property from potentially harmful drone activity ranging from wayward hobbyists in urban settings to nefarious actors domestically and abroad. Our robotic ‘interceptor drone’ is an apex application of autonomous flight; it physically interdicts, captures, and tows target adversarial drones away for recovery and forensics – all using onboard sensors, computer vision, and machine learning to identify targets, pilot independent interception paths, and capture them without direct human control.
Manage the integrated efforts of engineering, administrative, and operations teams to deliver successful cUAS field operations (includes demonstrations to potential customers as well as regular service deployments). Airspace conducts field operations across the country for a range of customers including commercial enterprises, law enforcement, and military organizations. All field operations involve significant personnel and equipment deployment logistics, coordination with customers, and a thorough understanding of the technical and operational capabilities of all cUAS systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage logistics of successful customer field operations in a variety of locations ranging from rural military facilities to urban stadiums and corporate campuses.
- Provide headquarters-based support to deployed field personnel to scope and plan field operations.
- Build detailed deployment schedules and logistical plans for the movement of people and equipment.
- Manage the movement of people and assets across the country, often to multiple simultaneous operations.
- Work with management team to prioritize and schedule demonstrations, service deployments, logistical tasks, etc.
- Be the point of contact for the vendors and service providers required to deploy personnel and equipment.
- Produce reports on field operations for internal and external (customer facing) use.
- Interface with team leads across multiple company departments (engineering, sales, legal, administration, operations) to execute well-coordinated demonstrations, temporary field deployments, and installations.
- Interface with technical partners, law enforcement, public safety and other entities to execute complex and highly coordinated joint field operations.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years managing field operations.
- Experience organizing and executing sophisticated technical field operations and installations.
- Adept at building budgets and schedules (including resource allocation).
- Team and personnel management with multiple direct reports.
- Highly proficient with MS Office
- Military experience, specifically with deployment operations.
- Technical background (e.g. systems engineer).
- Product/sales engineering background.
- Excessively organized.
- Efficient communicator.
- Ability to track multiple deployments at one time.
- Ability to manage corporate deployment calendar and resources .
- Ability to manage operational personnel.
- Ability interface with sales team in developing proposals.
- Ability to build proposals in support of sales team
- Ability to interface with clients, including military, law enforcement, etc.