Corporate | Herndon, VA | Full Time
When it comes to identity information, individuals want convenience and privacy while organizations want access and ease. At Airside, we believe both are possible. Our Digital Identity Network empowers people with consent and control of their identity info while enabling organizations to verify identities in a cost-effective, compliant and secure way. Our Mobile Passport app, used and loved by nearly 9 million people to breeze through customs without long lines, was just the start. From seamless and safe travel to COVID data access, secure remote authentication and more, our network is poised to redefine digital identity. Come join us!
Airside is a fast-growing, venture-backed company with a culture that emphasizes close teamwork, creative solutions, running lean, and rethinking how things work. We have deep experience in identity, data security, travel, and government processes. Our team is extremely small and flat, so you must enjoy working in a low-structure environment, thrive in a start-up environment, and have a passion for getting things done.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Lead who is passionate about building products that customers love. Changing the paradigm of how identity is attested and managed requires market smarts, customer empathy and tech for people who thrive on close collaboration and creative problem solving.
You will be in a unique position to define the success of our products by gathering and acting on intelligence from customers, partners and other key stakeholders. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy of building a Digital Identity Network.
Your role as the product’s strategist and evangelist will be central to your success and the success of our products, as measured by demonstrating product-market fit with evidence of scalability and repeatability. You will cultivate customers into design partners, piloting our services to show value for enterprise relying parties, better UX for consumers, and growth of our identity network.
- Monitor and analyze market trends, assess competition and know customer needs through research and market da
- Set the long-term vision and strategy for our company’s products and communicate this strategy to all of the relevant participants and stakeholder
- Be a central hub within the company for a lot of critical information about our products, market, competitors, customers
- Coordinate the collection, description, analysis and prioritization of requests for new product functionality from customers and prospects
- Set prioritization and roadmap process on evidence-based decision making
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Work closely with design & engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Explore new ways of improving existing services and products
- Work with the business development and sales to create product sales strategies
- Create detailed use cases, business requirements, and marketing requirements
- Support marketing, sales and customer support through the development and maintenance of various technical marketing collateral including application notes, FAQs, product notes, user guides, field training presentations, online marketing content and demos
- Coordinate beta testing of new products and features. Document and report problems and recommend solutions/improvements to managers. Participate in product performance benchmarking activities.
- 10+ years leading product for Digital Identity services. Leadership and proven success with market/product innovation and digital user experience critical, with vendor and/or relying party experience.
- Early stage B2B business development experience required, preferably in a SaaS business. Candidate must be comfortable with ambiguity, iterating on the product with early adopters, learning what positioning, packaging and pricing works for us, the relying party and the end consumer.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Ability to understand the product implications of technical architecture and implementation decisions, and vice-versa
- Experience in Agile development (Scrum)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Virtual given the pandemic. Ongoing would ideally be at Airside HQ in Northern Virginia. Additional offices in Raleigh, NC and Innsbruck, Austria. Learn more: www.airsidemobile.com.
Airside provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.