VP Business Development
Corporate | Arlington, VA | Full Time
When it comes to identity information, individuals want convenience and privacy while organizations want access and ease. At Airside, we believe both are possible. Our Digital Identity Network empowers people with consent and control of their identity info while enabling organizations to verify identities in a cost-effective, compliant and secure way. Our Mobile Passport app, used and loved by nearly 9 million people to breeze through customs without long lines, was just the start. From seamless and safe travel to COVID data access, secure remote authentication and more, our network is poised to redefine digital identity. Come join us!
Airside is a fast-growing, venture-backed company with a culture that emphasizes close teamwork, creative solutions, running lean, and rethinking how things work. We have deep experience in identity, data security, travel, and government processes. Our team is extremely small and flat, so you must enjoy working in a low-structure environment, thrive in a start-up environment, and have a passion for getting things done.
When you’re changing the paradigm of how identity is attested and managed, developing the business requires a canny combination of empathy, evangelism and keen business sense. We’re looking for a person with proven early stage B2B business development experience who can help us explore and establish product-market fit for our Digital Identity Network. The candidate should be a strong communicator who can sell our vision and iterate on product definition and business models with early adopters for our services.
Success in this role will be measured by landing customers who become design partners, piloting our services with a clear path towards scalability and repeatability in a way that demonstrates clear value for the enterprise relying party, easier UX for the consumer, and growth of our identity network.
- Drive sales wins and ARR for the Airside Digital Identity Network with enterprise relying parties
- Research and analyze market opportunities, customer needs, TAM and competition to identify best segments for business development
- Develop keen sense for customer pain points, current alternatives, costs incurred and potential value from product
- Create pricing and business models that work for the customer and the company
- Understand the needs and successfully navigate various stakeholders at prospects/customers: innovation/R&D, line of business, engineering, compliance and security
- Create compelling customer/prospect pitches and collaborate with marketing to develop sales messaging and materials that support and further the sales cycle
- Collaborate with product, engineering, sales engineering, marketing and strategy to create and implement successful pilots that then convert to ongoing programs
- Work with partners and influencers to support customer adoption of the Airside Digital Identity Network
- 10+ years selling Digital Identity services. Leadership and proven success with market/product innovation and digital user experience critical, with vendor and/or relying party experience.
- Proven track record of meeting or beating sales targets
- Early stage B2B business development experience required. Candidate must be comfortable with ambiguity, iterating on the product with early adopters, learning what positioning, packaging and pricing works for us, the relying party and the end consumer.
- Direct experience in identity management for the travel, finance and/or health records segment is desirable.
- Someone who can ruthlessly prioritize their own time and company’s resources against top segment, prospect and programs.
- Experience with selling to large enterprise and Fortune 500 preferred
- Comfort with cold calling and developing new contacts
- Ability to develop long term business relationships
- Track record of driving growth within customer and partner base
- Ideally, the candidate would be a recognized SME and could take on speaking opportunities to evangelize the company in identity and/or travel markets.
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strategic partnership/investment experience would be a bonus
- Someone who brings a strong, senior, current network of connections from Identity and/or FinServ sectors
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Virtual given the pandemic. Ongoing would ideally be at Airside HQ in Northern Virginia. Additional offices in Raleigh, NC and Innsbruck, Austria. Learn more: www.airsidemobile.com.
Airside provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.