Technology | Herndon, VA | Full Time
When it comes to identity information, individuals want convenience and privacy while organizations want access and ease. At Airside, we believe both are possible. Our Digital Identity Network empowers people with consent and control of their identity info while enabling organizations to verify identities in a cost-effective, compliant and secure way. Our Mobile Passport app, used and loved by nearly 9 million people to breeze through customs without long lines, was just the start. From seamless and safe travel to COVID data access, secure remote authentication and more, our network is poised to redefine digital identity. Come join us!
Airside is a fast-growing, venture-backed company with a culture that emphasizes close teamwork, creative solutions, running lean, and rethinking how things work. We have deep experience in identity, data security, travel, and government processes. Our team is extremely small and flat, so you must enjoy working in a low-structure environment, thrive in a start-up environment, and have a passion for getting things done.
About the Job
Airside is looking for exceptionally talented backend developers with a passion for solving intricate problems in the identity management area. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who has worked as a backend developer in the past projects. In a very collaborative environment, the candidate will contribute to the various stages of solution design and development. This is an opportunity to work on a disruptive product and help influence the outcome. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products are essential.
The core engineering teams are in Raleigh, NC, Herndon, VA and Innsbruck, Austria.
- Contribute to the full-cycle application development
- Design and implement backend applications
- Contribute to the build pipeline and CI/CD efforts
- Deploy and Maintain applications in a highly available system
- Collaborate with internal-users and cross-functional teams
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated development experience (Java and Spring framework)
- Experience with building and deploying applications in the cloud environment
- Experience with Agile development (Scrum) and as member of the DevOps team
- Collaborate with a distributed team to design, architect, and develop new features
- Familiarity with REST best practices
- Strong interpersonal, spoken, and written communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience as backend developer
- Java developer with a focus on Spring Framework
- Great work environment with supportive management
- Health insurance (coverage of medical, dental, and vision) for employees
- Eligibility to participate in 401K plan
- Unlimited PTO
Airside is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Airside is also committed to comply with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.