Technology | Herndon, VA | Full Time
When it comes to identity information, individuals want convenience and privacy while organizations want access and ease. At Airside, we believe both are possible. Our Digital Identity Network empowers people with consent and control of their identity info while enabling organizations to verify identities in a cost-effective, compliant and secure way. Our Mobile Passport app, used and loved by nearly 9 million people to breeze through customs without long lines, was just the start. From seamless and safe travel to COVID data access, secure remote authentication and more, our network is poised to redefine digital identity. Come join us!
Airside is a fast-growing, venture-backed company with a culture that emphasizes close teamwork, creative solutions, running lean, and rethinking how things work. We have deep experience in identity, data security, travel, and government processes. Our team is extremely small and flat, so you must enjoy working in a low-structure environment, thrive in a start-up environment, and have a passion for getting things done.
About the Job
Airside is looking for exceptionally talented Android application developers with a passion for solving intricate problems in the identity management area. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who worked as a primary developer in the past projects. The candidate participates in all stages of the software development lifecycle and helps influence the outcome. Therefore, a keen focus on building creative solutions and a commitment to collaborative problem-solving is essential to creating value for our customers.
The core engineering teams are located in Herndon, VA, Raleigh, NC and Innsbruck, Austria.
- Design and build Android applications
- Automate tests
- Maintain code quality
- Contribute to CI/CD efforts
- Collaborate with a distributed team to design and develop new features
- Backend integration
- 3+ years experience with Java for Android
- Kotlin experience is a plus
- Experience with Agile development (Scrum)
- Familiarity with REST best practices
- Strong communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or a Related Field
- AWS Certifications is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great work environment with supportive management
- Health insurance (coverage of medical, dental, and vision) for employees
- Eligibility to participate in 401K plan
- Unlimited PTO
Airside is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Airside is also committed to comply with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.