PMO Support | St. Augustine, FL | Full Time
WRITER (ENTRY LEVEL/RECENT GRADUATE)
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
- The writer will draft and edit various communications products for the Air and Marine Operations Communications Team (examples including: communiques, newsletters, intranet postings).
- Writer will coordinate with and solicit input from AMO Directorates for products.
- May provide content for or help manage the Information Display System (IDS) for weekly organizational news.
- May provide content for or help develop the AMO Annual Review, Strategic Communications Plan, and other strategic-level communications.
- Will work with representatives from other CBP offices.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to interface and collaborate with others, from various organizations and work backgrounds, to include senior leadership
- Must approach tasks and projects proactively, looking for someone who can bring ideas to the table and also execute them
- Must be able to obtain a successfully-adjudicated CBP background investigation
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in Communications or English; will consider alternative backgrounds that achieve similar proficiency
Nice to have:
- Additional skills in Adobe Design Suite, Excel, and Powerpoint also preferred
- Interest in visual communications elements a plus (e.g., photography, graphic design, video development)
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.