Wireless Network Analyst/Engineer
Network Engineers | Ft. Meade, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Bridges, an Applied Insight Company, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Bridges, an Applied Insight company team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A Day in the Life:
We are seeking a Wireless Network Analyst/Engineer that will be responsible for performing vulnerability assessments of Wireless LAN (WLAN) networks at customer sites, and conducting thorough testing/experimentation to better identify behavioral trends of potential malicious wireless network activity. The Wireless Network Analyst/Engineer creates detection methods to identify network traffic.
The Wireless Network Analyst/Engineer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Perform assessments of WLAN networks employing advanced security
- Stays abreast of new technology offerings and best practices as it relates to Wi-Fi
- Apply knowledge to recommend enhancements to customer wireless networks
- Assist in developing capability to identify traffic patterns and behavioral trends of potential malicious wireless network traffic
- Develop, integrate, and execute test plans for wireless assessments including scripts for automation
- ***Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance***
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Cyber Security or other related fields
- Expert knowledge of wireless standards (802.1 la, 802.11 b, 802. llg, 802. lln, 802.1 lac, 802.11 ad) and 802. IX authentication
- Experience configuring, troubleshooting, and testing wireless networks utilizing 802. lX authentication (RADIUS and/or TACACS authentication servers)
- Advanced knowledge oflayer 2/layer 3 technologies (Ethernet, Virtual LAN [VLAN], bridging, STP, 802.lq, 802.3ad, Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol [TCP/IP], Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol [DHCP], Multiprotocol Label Switching [MPLS]), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), Linux/Unix/Mac Operating System (OS) X, and Windows operating systems
- Multi-protocol data network experience with a strong knowledge ofrouting and routed protocols including, but not limited to TCP/IP, Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- Demonstrated expert ability capturing, analyzing, and interpreting raw network traffic
- Extensive experience with packet/protocol fault analysis for common IP and Ethernet protocols and troubleshooting wired and wireless connections using wireless traffic analyzers (Wireshark, TCPDUMP, Omnipeek, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to program techniques to evade network-based intrusion detection systems
- 5 years+ of wireless implementation and support of advanced 802. lla/b/g/n network design
- 5 years+ designing, implementing, and supporting wireless access points and
controllers Cisco, Aruba or other major vendors
- Knowledge of Wireless Intrusion Detection System/Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIDS/WIPS) technologies, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), firewall theory, and packet analysis principles and techniques applied in securing operating systems and Local Area Network/Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) networks
- Possess at least two of the following certifications:
- Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA)
- Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP)
- Certified Wireless Analysis Professional (CWAP)
- Certified Wireless Design Professional (CWDP)
- Certified Wireless Network Expert (CWNE)
- Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA)
- Aruba Certified Mobility Professional (ACMP)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- CCNA Wireless
- CCNP Wireless
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst which include a PPO plan and 2 HMP Plans
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed. 3% 401K profit share contribution.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; sick and vacation. Plus 80 hours of Holiday leave (10 days)
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off. -per month
- Everyone is eligible for an annual bonus based on performance
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.