VMware System Engineer
Networking | Arlington , Virginia | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
- NSX Network Virtualization Experience to include design, implementation and administration in a VMware environment.
- Understand of the following networking technologies:
- Routing: static, eBPG, iBGP, etc.
- Software defined networking
- Overlay networks
- Familiar with configuring Cisco Nexus networking devices
- Ability to troubleshoot networking problems
- Ability to troubleshoot Linux network devices
- Work in a diversified team environment
- Ability to express ideas at various technical levels
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have)
- 5+ years of VMware Engineering experience
- Extensive NSX-T or NSX-V Network Virtualization Experience - network knowledge, skills and demonstrated experience in a complex network data center environment
- VMware Virtualization Experience - design, implement, and manage VMware environment, including Datacenter cluster(s) managed by vCenter
- Experience working with VMware virtualization technologies:
- NSX-T preferred, NSX-V acceptable
- vCenter and ESXi
- vRealize Network Insight
- vRealize Operations
- Knowledge and working experience with Windows (Preferred 2008 or later versions) and Active Directory
- Network knowledge, skills and demonstrated experience in a complex network data center environment
- Able to work and interact with others in a structured / team environment
- Must successfully pass a background check and any additional customer background investigation requirements prior to employment
What we will provide in return:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.