Tier II - Computer Specialist Senior
Helpdesk | Washington Metro | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Install desktop, laptop, and tablet computers, peripherals, and software products for networked and stand-alone environments.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve desktop, laptop, and tablet computer software and hardware failures.
- Provide information, guidance, and instruction on the use of desktop, laptop, and tablet computer hardware and software products.
- Provide desktop, laptop, and tablet computer technical support to USCP users.
- Implement, maintain, test, and administer standardized desktop, laptop, and tablet computer hardware, software, and network configurations.
- Prepare computer equipment for reuse, refresh, or disposal property as approved by USCP personnel.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Implement, maintain, test, and administer standardized desktop, laptop, and tablet hardware, software, and network configurations and troubleshoot the USCP’s distributed computing environment.
- Prepare computer equipment for reuse, refresh computer equipment as part of the Capital Equipment Refresh Program (CERP) or dispose of computer equipment as part of standard property processes.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering (Equivalent experience may be substituted for education)
- Current industry certifications desired.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in program of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Experience in installing desktops, portable computers, peripherals, and software products for local area network, wide area network and standalone environments.
- Ability to detect, diagnose, and resolve desktop and portable computer software and hardware failures.
- Ability to analyze and assess customers’ service requests and provide prompt technical solutions.
- Must have experience working with Microsoft Windows (Windows 7 and Windows 10) and Microsoft Office (MS Office 2016) and general Exchange/Outlook support.
- Knowledge and experience in utilizing trouble-ticketing software for opening/closing tickets.
- Experience in performing software and hardware upgrades and installations involving multiple computers configured for desktop, portable, and mobile platforms.
- Demonstrated proficiency with operating systems, business applications, and computer hardware platforms.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to customers, peers, technical staff and Government employees.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to cover 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM Shift.
- Must successfully pass a background check and any additional customer background investigation requirements prior to employment.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Ability to contact and effectively communicate with customers by telephone, electronic communications, or in person.
- Ability to provide technical support via phone for customers assigned to locations outside the Washington DC Metro area.
- Ability to coordinate the disassembly and reinstallation of automation equipment in support of office relocations.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.