Technical Sales Manager
Corporate | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Every day we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Applied Insight, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only realize the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to “empower” your career.
Your Mission: Build and spearhead a sales organization to support two lucrative cloud computing technologies.
The role of the Technical Sales Manager is to be a trusted advisor to our customers, offering end-to-end solutions addressing multi-cloud operations challenges in the enterprise – for both government and commercial customers. Reporting to the CTO and CPO of Applied Insight, the Technical Sales Manager will be responsible for building a sales organization within Applied Insight for the marketing, lead-generation, and sale of AI’s two cutting-edge technology solutions – Altitude and SHIFT.
You will achieve an annual sales target through proactive prospecting of new customers within the assigned territory as well as strong account management of the existing customer base. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background to drive customer engagement and interact at the executive level, as well as a technical background to easily interact with cloud operations teams at a high level. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, platform, and technical requirements, and the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Serve as the leader of the Altitude and SHIFT sales team by helping to drive overall market and technical strategy – contribute to strategies, program development, investments, channel development and other important efforts to make Altitude and SHIFT the best fit for our customers’ needs.
- Identify and engage private/public sector accounts, using a solution-selling approach.
- Maintain an accurate and robust pipeline.
- Perform the full range of sales activities from demand generation campaigns to pipeline management by engaging with customers, Applied Insight internal resources (Engineers, Solution architects, Marketing, etc.), and technology partners.
- Maximize and leverage the use of Salesforce.com and other internal Applied Insight systems.
- Identify specific prospects/partners/channels to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Work closely with the customer to ensure they are maximizing the use of platform, ensuring availability of technical resources when required, and documenting wins in use cases and case studies.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our solution offerings for developers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and solutions to roadblocks to closing new customers.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Organized: You set strategic sales plans for your target markets in-line with leadership direction and goals.
- Well-Rounded: You leverage your knowledge of cloud computing technologies and enterprise migration strategies with major vendors to assist customers in moving forward with accelerating cloud adoption.
- Big Picture Thinker with Execution Know-How: You can understand a customer or team members overarching goal while designing automation solutions that address those goals. You are a thought leader and an executive relationship builder.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop solutions for use by a multitude of customers.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you should have):
- 4-7 years’ experience in the operating in government sales.
- 4-7 years in enterprise technology sales and/or management consulting
- Working knowledge of cloud computing in Azure, AWS, and/or GCP
- Experience selling and delivering consulting/professional services/support
- Track record for exceeding quota over a 4-year period
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Due to the nature of the contract for which this specific position will be assigned to, candidates are required to have US citizenship.
Nice to have:
- Possess partner/business development, and/or program management experience with a focus on highly regulated markets like Healthcare and Financial Services.
- Possess partner/business development, and/or program management experience with a focus on commercial software vendors.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.