Technical Delivery Manager
Corporate | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Every day we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Applied Insight, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only realize the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to “empower” your career.
Your Mission: Manage customer engagements to successfully deploy AI solutions.
The role of the Technical Delivery Manager is to be a trusted advisor to our customers, managing the delivery of end-to-end solutions addressing multi-cloud operations challenges in the enterprise – for both government and commercial customers. Reporting to the CTO and CPO of Applied Insight, Technical Delivery Managers will be responsible for playing a critical role in ensuring that our customers are successfully using our solutions within their cloud environments.
You will help lead the delivery and deployment of our Cloud Service Provider-enabled cloud solutions and determine how to best integrate our solutions in new and existing customer cloud environments. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, platform, and technical requirements, and the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Serve as a customer-facing ambassador of the Altitude and SHIFT technical teams by helping to deliver technical implementations to best fit our customers’ needs.
- Coordinate technology delivery activities with teams of technical engineers across a multitude of technology specializations.
- Lead the delivery of large, strategic, and complex cloud-computing projects on behalf of our customers – revolving around Altitude and SHIFT.
- Help to shape technology roadmaps of Altitude and SHIFT based on customer-facing feedback and forward-leaning technological strategies.
- Leverage technical cloud expertise to drive project delivery, lead project delivery teams, clearly set and manage customer expectations, and proactively address/resolve project-related issues.
- Establish the overall delivery framework, driving utilization of common standards and processes across AI.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement of deliverables, make refinements and additions to Altitude & SHIFT delivery methodologies, contribute to knowledgebases, and coach/mentor other colleagues on the team.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and solutions to roadblocks to delivering to customers.
You will excel in this role if you are:
Obsessed About Customer Success: You can provide superior service to enable our customers to fall in love with not just our solutions but our entire team.
Well-Rounded: You leverage your knowledge of cloud computing technologies and enterprise migration strategies to assist customers in moving forward with accelerating cloud adoption.
Big Picture Thinker with Execution Know-How: You can understand a customer or team members overarching goal while designing automation solutions that address those goals. You are a thought leader and an executive relationship builder.
Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop solutions for use by a multitude of customers.
Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you should have):
- 5+ years’ experience managing technical delivery for customer engagements.
- 2+ years’ systems/infrastructure engineering experience designing and implementing systems (optionally in cloud environments).
- Experience working with cloud service providers such as AWS and Azure.
- Experience supporting projects with multiple integrated technology components across infrastructure, VDI, networking, and security.
- Experience supporting network and security architectures for Public Sector customers.
- Experience supporting certification, accreditation, and security testing requirements for federal government environments.
- Experience building and managing short-term agile delivery schedules using tools such as JIRA.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent customer service and support skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or other technical area of study.
- Willing to support up to 50% travel required to support customers.
Nice to have:
- Experience working as a Solutions Architect in both virtualized and cloud-based environments across technologies such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and VMware.
- Experience installing and configuring solutions as part of a product team.
- Experience working with Infrastructure-as-Code technologies such as Terraform, SaltStack, CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience using scripting languages such as Python and Powershell.
- Experience developing and delivering product training to customers.
- Possess partner/business development, and/or program management experience with a focus on Public Sector customers.
- Possess partner/business development, and/or program management experience with a focus on commercial customers.
What We Will Provide in Return:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits that include top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank hours worked over target for use as leave within the same quarter.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should hire those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success, further their expertise and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open-door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.