Systems Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Infrastructure | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Stratus Solutions, Applied Insight’s cloud infrastructure specialists, delivers next-generation cloud solutions that give Federal customers greater command and control, insight and security for their public and private cloud deployments.
Everyday we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only understand the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to enable your career.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
The United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) has been employing Stratus for several information technology designs, implementation, integration, and operation efforts. Our USCYBERCOM support activities include the design, implementation, and operation of cloud IT environments for USCYBERCOM.
As a system engineer working as part of our support to USCYBERCOM, your role would include:
- Facilitate effort requirements, architecture, and design processes, ensuring early and consistent attention to system interactions and dependencies, both internal and with external activities.
- Participating in planning and effort forecasting activities.
- Development of integrated Government/Contractor management processes for the operation and governance of the complex cloud computing environments using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Help to identify and refine customer requirements
- Deliver presentations on security, infrastructure, and networking topics
- Create relevant documentation to aid engineering planning and execution efforts
- Facilitate communications to all levels of Stakeholders
- Advise team leadership, corporate partners, and Government stakeholders on the potential future projects
At a more technical level, you will be part of our design and build efforts to deliver advanced technical solutions within cloud-based environments. This position is an opportunity for a system engineer to accomplish “clean sheet” architecture of a complex environment to yield the capabilities identified by the client. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working directly with the customer, our technical team members, our corporate partners, project leadership, and AWS services to create a secure, scalable, reliable solutions to critical USCYBERCOM needs.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- A “technology translator”: You bridge the gap between technical and non-technical audiences and speak to each in the language they understand.
- A “Big Picture” thinker with task execution know-how: You garner understanding of the customer’s overarching goals as well as the goals of individual teams and their members.
- Embrace Emerging Technology: Leverage existing technical expertise to learn AWS. As you learn AWS and its accompanying tools you help to design and plan game-changing solutions from the ground up.
- Motivated: You are a self-starter, eager to learn new techniques, methodologies, technologies, and best practices.
- A Team Player.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Able to understand and explain technical subject matter to both non-technical and highly technical audiences.
- Experience analyzing proposed capabilities, defining courses of action with their pros and cons, and aiding development and implementation of solutions.
- Able to develop concept papers, technical white papers, and related documentation detailing cybersecurity practices for solution implementation.
- Experience in analyzing customer requirements, designing high-level system architectures, creating system requirements specifications, and authoring concept of operations documents.
- Ability to engender a positive client support experience and build relationships through deep problem and customer perspective understanding.
- Excellent skills in written, oral, and visual communications.
- A keen sense of customer service.
- Ability to employ a variety of problem-solving and troubleshooting approaches.
- Process orientation and ability to reengineer processes to correct functional shortfalls.
- Current Top Secret clearance with counter-intelligence polygraph
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications)
- 5 years experience in IT industry
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree).
- Certifications—systems engineering, security, or program management.
- Experience operating within Intelligence Community or Department of Defense environments.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.